So I'm interested in playing a Bleak Walker for the style and abilities, but I don't want to be pigeon-holed into picking the bloodthirsty RP options every time.

How much of a paladin's power is tied to upholding the ideals of their company?  Will I be hamstrung if I play a good-guy Bleak Walker?

• Like 1

You get a penalty/bonus to a stat that boosts *all* of your defenses. So if you play as a 'nice' Bleak Walker you basically will get almost nil of that. 

Played as a Dracozzi, but like Stoic as much as clever, and there are *alot* more options to be clever than Stoic, but it still looked like it just ended up balancing out. Unsure if it affects anything else. 

So I'm interested in playing a Bleak Walker for the style and abilities, but I don't want to be pigeon-holed into picking the bloodthirsty RP options every time.

How much of a paladin's power is tied to upholding the ideals of their company?  Will I be hamstrung if I play a good-guy Bleak Walker?

Assuming dispositions work like PoE1, it's a lot more important to not pick disfavored responses than it is to pick favored responses.  There were lots and lots of ways to get any given disposition to "3", but no ways to *reduce* a disposition once it reaches "1".  At best, you could sacrifice a talent to pick Untroubled Faith, which does not seem to be an option in PoE2.

In other words, you shouldn't need to go all bloodthirsty all the time, so long as you avoid being kind and polite.  Feel free to be stoic, clever, passionate, sneaky, honest, etc.

• Like 3

Assuming dispositions work like PoE1, it's a lot more important to not pick disfavored responses than it is to pick favored responses.  There were lots and lots of ways to get any given disposition to "3", but no ways to *reduce* a disposition once it reaches "1".  At best, you could sacrifice a talent to pick Untroubled Faith, which does not seem to be an option in PoE2.

In other words, you shouldn't need to go all bloodthirsty all the time, so long as you avoid being kind and polite.  Feel free to be stoic, clever, passionate, sneaky, honest, etc.

It's even worse to pick an unfavored disposition than in PoE1. I think I picked maybe 2 Aggressive options all game, and that's netted me a +1 Aggressive. I don't think they properly adjusted disposition weighting given how much more dialogue in this game: I've maxed SIX dispositions already at level 10, without even trying, because a lot of times, those were the dialogue options I preferred. I think a lot of players without the markers would just end up maxed in all of them.

That being said, here's a pro-tip for you Goldpact Paladins out there: you don't have to TELL people you're going to kill them before you do so :devil:

I didn't know about this and picked Bleak Walker/Soul Blade.. Feels like it's kinda limiting me in my options. Do I have to be an **** to my companions as well? I have no problems being it towards strangers and so on, but companions are the most important features of these games (for me) and I want to treat them well and get the most of them.

Also, where can I see if I get the stats penalty?

Thanks!