Characters Vanish/Become invisible

PhilVeale

Question

Shortly into the game after arriving at the Port village, and speaking to the Governor, I was walking around outside when my party vanished. I found them again, using select all, just showing me empty green circles...

Walked back to where I came from, and they re-appeared. There is like, this zone, about half the map, where if I enter it, they all vanish, all party members, pets, even I think NPCs not in the party too, there's just nothing there.

I tried changing graphics settings, nothing makes any difference.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix/workaround this? I can't really play the game if my Party's invisible for large parts of the game.

3 answers to this question

After reloading the game, on the same save, the issue has gone away. No idea what caused it. NPCs have appeared where before there was nothing, so yeah, whatever this glitch is, affects all characters; player's party and NPCs.

Really odd, but manageable if it doesn't happen too often and a reload will fix it. I'll update this post if I find more occurrences or any seemingly reliable triggers.

Heya PhilVeale,

Glad to hear it worked out, but this is still worrisome. We'll look in to the issue on our end to see what the heck happened.

If it happens again, can you please post an update along with an output.log? It would help us a lot =)

Thanks!

I try my very best.

Just had that with v3.0 at Vilario's Rest. Party had left the cave and was on the way to the bridge at the eastern area exit to Port Maje. The graphics for all party members started to fade out the further I walked to the east and became more and more invisible until the entire party was completely hidden. No green circles anymore either. Nothing except for the lighting effect from Xoti's lantern. Could walk back, and they would fade in and appear again.

Simply loading the last quicksave made a few seconds ago fixed it. Didn't know that an output.log file may have been of interest.