[steam] download stopping before complete

Awkward Davies

Question

Something with the various free DLCs seems to have gone wrong.  Deadfire was preloaded, but now shows 99%, but if I go to download status, no data is being transferred.  Just seems to be stuck at 99%, so no way to play the game.  Do I disable all the free DLC bits?

• Like 1

Just another nudge in the hopes someone else has had this issue and managed to get around it.

What I've done so far

Wait to let it unpack (essentially been letting it do this as much as possible since release, and it hasn't fixed it) 

Delete/uninstall the game and redownload several times

Change servers Steam is downloading from

Close and restart Steam several times.

Empty Steams download cache

Disabled all the various DLC's/Extra's

Leave it to wait - at first it IS unpacking, and spends around an hour or so doing so. I can see the files being unpacked in the "download" section of the steam folders (and leaving the main folder where the game presumably ends up empty) but then it just comes to a halt and steam shows nothing more happening, nor can I see anything happen. For reference, the "PoE2 data file" stops unpacking at 2532 files, if that might indicate it has stopped before it should perhaps? 

Strangely, if I click on the exe file, the game does start at least. But if I try to click on any of the the preorder/extra stuff it all claims that is corrupted and can't be opened. Nor does it recognise I have any of the DLC's and I am hesitant to run the game from this, if it still believes it needs to download a patch or does need to unpack more.

If Steam refuses to do anything, does anything think it would be at all possible to see if I could contact support to get a GOG key instead to attempt that? I know it said the key generated would be final, but given I currently can't even get the installed, let alone play, it is rather frustrating.

Thanks to anyone who can help! 

Edited by Senselesstaste

Nor does it recognise I have any of the DLC's and I am hesitant to run the game from this, if it still believes it needs to download a patch or does need to unpack more.

If it's a problem with a DLC, you can try to disable them in the deadfire steam library panel and restart steam, to see if the issue persists.

Then re-enable them bit by bit until you find something not working.

Edited by Suen

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Nor does it recognise I have any of the DLC's and I am hesitant to run the game from this, if it still believes it needs to download a patch or does need to unpack more.

If it's a problem with a DLC, you can try to disable them in the deadfire steam library panel and restart steam, to see if the issue persists.

Then re-enable them bit by bit until you find something not working.

I don't think it's an issue with that at least. It seems to be getting stuck either unpacking, or then going from that to the patch? Not really sure, as it just comes to a halt with no progress on anything I can see sadly. 

I had disabled all the DLC's already in the hopes that might be it but that didn't make a difference either unfortunately.

Edited by Senselesstaste