Does the fury druid's wildshape attacks count as melee attacks?

I'm thinking of some interesting builds involving barbarians and/or monks using the fury spiritshift, which has iirc a 10 or 15 foot range to its attacks, does shock damage and bounces to enemies. It's most logically a ranged attack, but if it's not I could imagine it proccing carnage and/or building up wounds for a shattered pillar monk. Has anyone tried it out on the beta and can tell me whether or not this is the case?

Edited by MaximilianXimenez

The Fury's attack is considered ranged. For example Taste of the Hunt (melee only) won't work with it. What does work is Two Handed Style (also works for bows etc.) and also Driving Flight (giving you an additional jump) as well as Marksman. Heart of the Storm gives the attacks +1 PEN (they do shock damage primarily).

So no Carnage.

Shattered Pillars do generate wounds with all ranged attacks. At least last time I tested them (pre beta4).

What I did was a Bleak Walker/Fury with Scion of Flame+Heart of the Storm + Spirit of Decay so that my FoD attacks would have +3 PEN and 4 elemental damage types (shock as base + burn from FoD + corrode from FoD + freeze from Wildstrike). It was fun. But not gamebreaking.

I think it could be nice to stack on-kill effects on Fury/Barbarian. First of all the barb has nice on-kill effects like Bloodlust and Blood Thirst and others and Furies get their Spiritshift prolonged when they kill. Could be a nice synergy.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods