Melee/Gun dual wielding bug

thekdawg21

Question

I apologize if this was already mentioned, I don't have time to skim through to see if it was already.

When dual wielding a melee weapon and a gun:

If you fire a shot from your gun and then move to melee range in order to swing your sword, you will stand next to the foe and reload your gun before you swing the blade.  Seems counter intuitive to this style of fighting and makes it rather useless compared to using a gun in one slot and a melee weapon in another.  

• Like 4

4 answers to this question

Not a bug, unfortunately; going by Josh's comments during the Sneak Peek stream this is intended behaviour. When dual-wielding, a gun will fire and then reload before you can attack with the other weapon. 

Edited by Alot

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

Not a bug, unfortunately; going by Josh's comments during the Sneak Peek stream this is intended behaviour. When dual-wielding, a gun will fire and then reload before you can attack with the other weapon.

I agree with OP, even if this is intended behavior, it’s really stupid to be forced reloading in melee range.

• Like 2