First of all, there's more to a build than just stats.

Second you wanna dump Might and Int, which are both more important to a tank than Dex and Res, maxing Res is only good in Act 1, but only neccessary if you play solo Potd, after Act 1 Res is a dumpstat.

Might not only helps your most important defense after Act 1 which is fortitude, but also gives you bigger heals on Constant Recovery.

Int gives you longer duration on the recovery and Vigorous Defense.

[...]Second you wanna dump Might  [...]

Raven, did you by any chance forget a "don't"? Or "dump" should maybe turn into "pump"? Because what you said afterwards would make a lot more sense to me then. ;)

@OP:

First of all: what class? Warrior = Fighter I presume?

Party or solo?

By the way: I almost never do it, but maxing RES can work if you want to get to the point where most enemies only graze you with attacks that target deflection. Every point counts then. But I wouldn't dump MIG either because of fortitude. If you want to be a pure tank and focus on defense with a shield then DEX (and also PER) can be lowish as well because you'll get a good reflex bonus from Weapon & Shield style. INT is good for prolonging buffs like Vigorous Defense, Constant Recovery and so on. If you wear the Binding Rope then being very tanky (without haveing good offense) can actually make a lot of sense. Stuck enemies can't run away and attack your backline. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

[...]Second you wanna dump Might  [...]

Raven, did you by any chance forget a "don't"? Or "dump" should maybe turn into "pump"? Because what you said afterwards would make a lot more sense to me then. ;)

@OP:

First of all: what class? Warrior = Fighter I presume?

Party or solo?

By the way: I almost never do it, but maxing RES can work if you want to get to the point where most enemies only graze you with attacks that target deflection. Every point counts then. But I wouldn't dump MIG either because of fortitude. If you want to be a pure tank and focus on defense with a shield then DEX (and also PER) can be lowish as well because you'll get a good reflex bonus from Weapon & Shield style. INT is good for prolonging buffs like Vigorous Defense, Constant Recovery and so on. If you wear the Binding Rope then being very tanky (without haveing good offense) can actually make a lot of sense. Stuck enemies can't run away and attack your backline. ;)

I literally referred to what he posted and wants to build. ;)

edit: Maybe it would have been clearer if I inserted a "but".

As to maxing Res for  deflection, I used to do this on paladins and I also did it on my last cipher for Magran's Faithful and that fight alone, since fortitude is unimportant in that fight.

But most characters do much better with high fort and getting W+S style + superior deflection, fighter should be no exception.

Edited by Raven Darkholme