Form of the Fearsome Brute: recovery penalty of armor too high

Boeroer

Question

Hey!

I guess this is a relict from the times when all armors had higher recovery penalties and the ogre's armor was simply forgotten when penalties were reduced.

The Ogre Form of the Transmuter gets a medium armor that has 6 AR at lvl 9 (if I remember correctly . it scales I assume), but has a whopping +100% recovery penalty.

Is this a bug/oversight or intended?

The form itself is very weak compared to Spiritshift anyway (which uses no spell resource, has no casting time, no weird alteration of stats, good armor with 0% recovery penalty and better weapons). So why gimp it further with that armor that's most likely made from durgan reinforced concrete? ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 answers to this question

Subbing.

Fairly sure this isn’t the first time the ogre form’s flagged up as inadequate, but good to keep on the radar. Pretty bad right now.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I searched for reports about the ogre, but the ones I found addressed mostly other parts: the weird "clubs" that now are gone (except that the shadow and char-sheet VFXs of the ogre still show clubs). Then there was a report that he suffers from weapon recovery after transforming (which is weird as well).

So for the weird armor I thought I'd make a seperate threat. 

Edited by Boeroer

I searched for reports about the ogre, but the ones I found addressed mostly other parts: the weird "clubs" that now are gone (except that the shadow and char-sheet VFXs of the ogre still show clubs). Then there was a report that he suffers from weapon recovery after transforming (which is weird as well).

So for the weird armor I thought I'd make a seperate threat. 

+100% recovery time is just horrible, thinking about arquebus with plate armor + aim modal :) Congrats you have 12 sec recovery after shoot..........

Yeah the Ogre has a dual wielding setup. So maybe this bad armor is intentional just to slow him down a bit. But I hope not. The whole package is just weak compared to other "transformations" like spiritshift.