Harpy Monk wouldn't let characters use their powers

269Hawkmoon

Question

Platform: PC

Scenario: The Black Tower

Difficulty: Normal

Party: Harsk, Kyra, Lem, Amiri, Seelah

Amiri encountered a Harpy Monk at the Guard Tower. Lem (among others) failed the BYA check and was brought to the Guard Tower. Amiri passed her check. Amiri played Bastard Sword +1 for the combat check. For some reason, Amiri could not user her "Rage" power. Lem could not use his "Bardic Song" power.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fur4cj1zehz9m8x/Screenshot%202018-04-02%2012.59.15.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx8csfb1l1rpnk6/Screenshot%202018-04-02%2012.59.31.png?dl=0

3 answers to this question

Lini's Animal Trick ability doesn't work with the Harpy Monk check: "Before you act, each character must succeed at a Wisdom 8 check or that character may not play weapons or spells and, if at another location, moves to this location." Harpy Monks are the henchmen in The Black Tower scenario of Adventure 4 Fortress of the Stone Giants in the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path.

This happenes every time. When Lini has to fight a Harpy, even after making her save to play weapons and spells, she still cannot use Animal Trick. The screenshot shows Animal Trick is not highlighted. I noticed format code in the information box on the left and managed to get a screen shot of it too.

Android 7.0

Galaxy Tab 3

Wruin66 #5562

Neither pass & play nor permadeath are on.

Story mode, I think

The issue happened on first encountering a Harpy Monk. It continued to happen each time I encountered a Harpy Monk.

The problem is still around. I experienced the same problems with the Harpy Monk. It really is hard for some builds (like, druid relying a lot on animal trick).

I still managed to win the scenario, but it was a pain. Any chance to see a bugfix in a forseeable future ?

The problem is still around. I experienced the same problems with the Harpy Monk. It really is hard for some builds (like, druid relying a lot on animal trick).

I still managed to win the scenario, but it was a pain. Any chance to see a bugfix in a forseeable future ?

Probably not. The last update was ~ more than one year ago (and added exciting new content of Goblins 2, with some added fresh bugs) and the original developers are probably still involved in other projects, with no information when / if they will come back to this game.