How the hell do you even complete this broken mess of a scenario? Half the cards do not work as they should, games is coded to roll 1s when you use too many charms to force you to spend coins when you lose and most of all, it is freaking boring!
Today I run this on Heroic 3 times (finished on Normal after 4 or 5 only times thanks to lucky rolls). First run I didn’t use a single charm, lost because I’ve run out of blessings (wild power -5 blessings, screw this). Second and third time I went full on charms, mainly soap to close locations. Results? Got to last location no problem to face with barkeeper: 1st fight, 6 dice, 98%, all 1s. 2nd fight, 6 dice, 98%, all 1s. 3rd fight, 7 dice, 99%, all 1s!!! And goes what happened in my third run today? Got to face the barkeeper, 6 dice, 98%, all 1s.
At this stage I almost threw the phone out the window, because the chances of this happening are so ****ing low, that I simply cannot believe this is not a hard-coded behaviour designed to force me to spend coins on charms over and over again. Why would the devs force me to do it? Because the reward is coins and they can’t have you getting too many of them.
So what doesn’t work in this DLC? Let’s see, on the top of my head:
- Topaz of Strength – reported multiple times on forums for MONTHS, won’t even repeat what is broken with it. Still bugged (lazy devs);
- Blessing of Achaekek against The Muscle – gives only 1 die, instead of 2 like the description says;
- Getting moved out of location breaks the game, because you are not there to witness the henchman returning to the deck. Fortunately you can fix easily, but this also has been reported multiple times and is still not fixed!
- On multiple occasion order of actions breaks. I.e. I get to choose what to do with a blessing I’ve used during previous round AFTER the current character has already drawn an exploration.
- Description for the whole adventure claims that the reward for beating it is 5k gold. Wait, but it’s probably for doing it on Legendary like with other adventures, which the description very sneakily omits, giving you impression that you can get it straight up after 5 wins on Normal! False advertising at its finest!
All in all I enjoy the rest of the game immensely, but this whole adventure, and this 1 scenario in particular make ma regret that I actually paid for it. Because supporting such lazy devs, who can’t be even bothered to fixed multiple reported bugs over so many months is not a good idea. And the whole adventure is boring, full of worst possible tropes (hey, drunken warrior, scorned lady, sooo original) and read as somebody’s bad fanfic.