Multiclass Warlock/Battlemage name suggestion

Hey this is just a suggestion to switch the names of both these selections.

For example a battlemage is usually described as a mage who can both reave into battle with melee and sling magic at the same time, there is inherent described tankiness there suggesting armour, but it's not the main focus.

They are meant to use melee attacks whilst using magic, and most of barbarians attacks are melee attacks and buffing melee attacks, not passive tankiness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warlocks on the other hand are almost exclusively focused on tankiness from their magic (and dark demonic aspects but that isn't in this game) Like for example warlocks have passive medium armour AND shield specialization in D&D.

In WoW and DnD a lot of their abilities are focused on damage reduction and regeration, from WoW Siphon life, Demonic Regeneration, Demonic sacrifice regeneration, Dark pact, Demon armour, Fel armour, Drain life and ect.

From D&D Epic fiendish resilience, Fiendish damage reduction, shield spec, medium armour, dark discorporealization, eldritch shield, dark armour, ect.

Fighters mostly have passive tankiness and regeneration effects making it fit.

But both these warlocks, and warlocks from other fantasy NEVER use their melee weapons to attack it's usually just a staff or a shield/weapon to improve their magic damage and tankiness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to finish it off I feel Wizard/Barbarian suits battlemage more and Wizard/Fighter suits Warlock more.

So basically I'm saying swap em.

Edited by alexis13

I like it the way it is. 

Why?

Well, when I think Battlemage I think: mage + standard melee class. Like a mage but also trained in traditional combat. Warlock I always associate with a more tribal enviroment and casting spell, making its connection to barbarian and wizard class make more sense to me.

Argument you are making does make sense, but just doesn't work for me either. Its a subjective thing though. 

• Like 2

Exact same reason as Wormerine. Mage sounds more disciplined and “civilized,” warlock sounds more tribal and primal. How DnD or WoW use the terms mean less to me.

Yes I agree with that as a valid counter-point, as equally valid as my own and I'd already thought of that and agree'd with that too.

But the difference is I've multiple points to the contrary to that one, so I feel vice versa for both suit more, not perfectly, but more % wise.

I disagree completely

Warlock is much more suited to Barbarian

Battlemage sounds like a warrior in armor, which is definitely the Fighter.

Yes I agree with that too and it's true, but that is only one point, as I said above there is multiple in favour of the opposite not just one point, fighters have regeneration effects whilst barbarians do not, much suiting to warlocks.

Also warlocks actually use heavier armour in multiple lore from other games, not WoW but others, not forgetting the choice of armour you wear in this game is totally optional and not tied to your class.

Edited by alexis13

I disagree completely

Warlock is much more suited to Barbarian

Battlemage sounds like a warrior in armor, which is definitely the Fighter.

Yes I agree with that too and it's true, but that is only one point, as I said above there is multiple in favour of the opposite not just one point, fighters have regeneration effects whilst barbarians do not, much suiting to warlocks.

Also warlocks actually use heavier armour in multiple lore from other games, not WoW but others, not forgetting the choice of armour you wear in this game is totally optional and not tied to your class.

I mean that's only if having self-regeneration is very important to your concept of a Warlock, which it isn't to me.  To me Warlock sounds more like someone that would leech off someone else rather than have a constant self-regeneration effect.  In WoW, Warlocks drain health from other creatures, they don't have built-in regeneration, at least not the way I remember it but it's possible I forgot about an ability.

But whatever.  Not a huge deal.

• Like 1