Bug or WAD: Paladin Aura and Warrior Stance

Yeah, why not? As far as I know Robust (included in an upgrade of Zealous Endurance) and Constant Recovery (passive) stack - so that's a great synergy and the warrior stance can do its work. You could also use Cleaving/Mob Stance instead of Warrior Stance. If you hit hard it's pretty good (if you kill an enemy who's at the brink of death and other enemies nearby are as well, it cascades into a m-m-m-m-monsterkillstroke :) ). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, why not? As far as I know Robust (included in an upgrade of Zealous Endurance) and Constant Recovery (passive) stack - so that's a great synergy and the warrior stance can do its work. You could also use Cleaving/Mob Stance instead of Warrior Stance. If you hit hard it's pretty good (if you kill an enemy who's at the brink of death and other enemies nearby are as well, it cascades into a m-m-m-m-monsterkillstroke :) ). 

Wait wait wait.. Do I understand you correctly - cleaving stance attacks trigger cleaving stance attacks?

Yes! :lol:

It was reported several times in the bug section. It's not really a bug, more an oversight. 

Swift Flurry (crits trigger an additional attack) also cascades. If you combine both (fighter/monk) and add Blast (with a rod) things get really interesting. Often it ends in one-shotting whole groups (if you can mangage to hit a lot of foes at once).

Other fun combos: Cleaving Stance or Swift Flurry + Citzal's Spirit Lance, Cleaving Stance or Swift Flurry with Minor Blights, CS or SF with Driving Flight... especially Long Pain + Swift Flurry + Driving Flight...

Edited by Boeroer

No. It should not. Those are all active abilities. I didn't test all those combos though. Devotions for the Faithful for example had special stacking rules in PoE, don't exactly know how it behaves in Deadfire now. But in general effects from active abilities that boost the same stat won't stack.

But most buffs from priest and also Disciplined Barrage don't raise accuracy directly but give you an inspiration that buffs PER instead. That will of course stack with a direct ACC buff like Warrior Stance - there is no conflict/suppression. Only if two active abilities raise the same thing there will be suppression. Since Disciplined Barrage raises PER and Warrior Stance raises ACC there's no problem.

Edited by Boeroer

No. It should not. Those are all active abilities. I didn't test all those combos though. Devotions for the Faithful for example had special stacking rules in PoE, don't exactly know how it behaves in Deadfire now. But in general effects from active abilities that boost the same stat won't stack.

But most buffs from priest and also Disciplined Barrage don't raise accuracy directly but give you an inspiration that buffs PER instead. That will of course stack with a direct ACC buff like Warrior Stance - there is no conflict/suppression. Only if two active abilities raise the same thing there will be suppression. Since Disciplined Barrage raises PER and Warrior Stance raises ACC there's no problem.

I see so the inspirations cheat around the active ability. What about items? Will an item with say +5 ACC suppress the warrior stance? Thanks again for answering questions. 

Edited by PatrioticChief

No, those will stack. But an item with +5 ACC will most likely suppress another item with +3 ACC.

Inspirations don't really cheat around: if you have two inspirations that both give a bonus to PER then they will suppress, too.

An exception to this general stacking rule: if Deadfire works the same as PoE, bonuses on weapons will stack with everything.

cleaving stance is better anyway.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

No, those will stack. But an item with +5 ACC will most likely suppress another item with +3 ACC.

Inspirations don't really cheat around: if you have two inspirations that both give a bonus to PER then they will suppress, too.

An exception to this general stacking rule: if Deadfire works the same as PoE, bonuses on weapons will stack with everything.

Yeah I tested it and weapons seem to stack with everything. I do not remotely like the aura not stacking, but as a general rule of thumb, I do like the suppression system and how it forces you toward more well rounded characters.