Hi

i am currently making a Pale elf Rogue and would like your input on what i have planned when it comes to build,gear choices and companions.

Stats

• 16 mig
  • 6 con
  • dex 18
  • per 18
  • int 16
  • res 4

This give me:

(144 Health and 36 Endurance at 10 Con)

116 Health 29 Endurance

54 concentration

9 Deflection 21 Fortitude 52 Reflex and 20 Will

I usually prefer Intelligence over Charisma when playing Rogues so i can use magic tools like scrolls. In this game that would be higher intellect over Resolve.

Unless someone can give me a good reason not to. Other then the fact that Resolve seems to fit a fast talking rogue and that it comes up in many dialogues why would i choose Resolve over Intellect in this game?

I guess i could min max the char better for resolve like this:

• mig 18
  • con 3
  • dex 18
  • per 18
  • int 3
  • res 18

For

94 Health 24 Endurance

96 Concentration

23 Deflection 19 Fortitude 52 Reflex and 22 Will

But i worry that would make him to much of a glass cannon.

Ability:

Crippling strike is 2x and debuff the enemy with:

• -2 dex

• -20 reflex

• -3 move speed

Perhaps its better on a low int rogue, since you get 2 chances at extra damage and setup for stealth attack or am i missing something?

while blinding strike is 1x and debuff the enemy with:

• -4 perception

• -25 accuracy

• -20 deflection

• -20 reflex

• -2 move speed

so for a high int build i feel Blinding strike makes more sense. Due to higher duration on the debuff and if it crits it gave another 50% duration increase.

• Dirty fighting for the crits

• Reckless Assult for Accuracy and damage

• Deep wounds should work excellent at range and ok in melee

• Death blows more damage is always good

• Sap dont see anything better to use instead.

Talents:

• Two weapon fighting Speed is good
  • Savage attack extra damage
  • Vulnerable Attack DR bypass is good

no idea what to take after that.

Gear:

I am planning to use battleaxes for their inherited 0.5 crit damage

and more specifically pair We Toki with Edge of Reason

Tall Grass could also be a fantastic melee weapon but i would miss out on the second attack from using two one handed weapons..

As for ranged weapons i dont know if Borresaine for its stun on crits or if Persistance would be better.

Does anyone know if the duration of the stun on Borresaine is affected by Intellect? or is it static?

When it comes to armor for a rogue is it best to stay in Scale for a while and then move to padded once you have more speed modifiers?

so basicly from scales of the raven at best to night runner and then onward to Angios Gamberson?

If the unique armors is the best choice for the Player character.

i have no idea what other gear might be of use to a rogue.

Companions:

As rogues in this game gain most of they effectiveness from proper flanking and status effects on enemies as far as i know. I planned on having these companions in my end game party:

• Eder Tank
  • Pallegina Second tank and buff
  • Durance heals and buffs
  • Grieving Mother CC
  • Aloth ranged DPS AOE

I plan to try out all the other companions as well.

Anything specific i need to think of when it comes top the companions?

Hope you can share some tips and input on my questions.

Hum i have experimented some more with this and found out that due to the fact that rogue already has a very low endurance and health multiplier it does not hurt much to  dump con all the way.

144 Health and 36 Endurance at 10 Con

at 3 con you instead get:

94 Health 24 Endurance

that is 50 less health and 12 less Endurance

so 1 or 2 more hits at the most for 7 stat points.

But since i could not decide if i wanted to go Resolve or Intellect after that i did both.

So now i have a dw build that will be going

• mig 18
  • con 3
  • dex 18
  • per 18
  • int 3
  • res 18

and a Pike (Tall grass) build that will do.

• mig 18
  • con 3
  • dex 18
  • per 18
  • int 18
  • res 3

The resolve build is much more tanky but by going with a reach weapon and possible ranged with Borresaine on the Intellect build so it should be much safer.

Now i know INT affect duration on the blind skill but will the prone from tall grass and the stun from Borresaine also be affected?

Also i found a attack speed calculator but i am still not 100% sure what i need to get there without going overboard.

I have read up on gear a bit and it seems they will be supressed if you try to use several sources excluding rest bonuses and food.

Does this mean you just use 1 stat boost item per stat and then go for defensive items?

Going with Battle Axes can be tough as there are no god ones in the early game. You will be lackluster for awhile. Warhammers are a nice choice.

If you are going with a party talents/abilities choices are more important than stats.

Intelligence has nothing to do with scroll use. That is simply effected by how many skill points you add to Lore.

You can have a Stat bonus from one piece of Gear, from food and from Resting. Plus spells.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Going with Battle Axes can be tough as there are no god ones in the early game. You will be lackluster for awhile. Warhammers are a nice choice.

If you are going with a party talents/abilities choices are more important than stats.

Intelligence has nothing to do with scroll use. That is simply effected by how many skill points you add to Lore.

You can have a Stat bonus from one piece of Gear, from food and from Resting. Plus spells.

Oh i meant i would go for it in end game i will use the best things i can get a hold of until then.

My resolve character at level 3 is using a fine warhammer and a battleaxe right now.

Yep i will go with a full companion party so i find out what does not as i play.

Its good that the companions never level by their own until you have that ticked in the settings. Saved me a lot of gold to respec at a inn.

Good point on scrolls. Oh well my pike wielding build will still benefit from the extra range and duration on scrolls.

Thanks a lot for clarifying how the stat boosts work. That will make it much easier for me.