Help with Abbey Monks?

heya everyone -- i need some help. 

I got to the Abbey where all those ninja monks are at, and I'm getting my butt kicked in about half the battles. And when I do win, I often have to camp as several members either died or were on brink of death. 

I'm playing on: 

- Hard

- lvl 14 party; Rogue (my toon), Eder ultra tank, Warrior, Aloth, Durance and Kana. 

Eder is having no problem staying alive, as he was optimized to tank Alpine Dragon (which he did just fine). My problem is the monks to are so hard to kill and there are so many of them. 

I know crowd control is crucial here, but there are so many enemies and they crowd around my players so fast. 

Any advice, like what spells should I use, etc? Thx. 

ACC buffing + CC is king as always.

Inspiring Radiance + Devotions of the Faithful + Crowns of the Faithful, Confusion, Pull of Eora, Chillfog + Dragon Thrashed, Minor Avatar + Shining Beacon. What about Ninagauth's Shadowflame?

By the way: why do you have 2 fighters and a rogue? Not that I don't like them, but that's 3 places out of 6 taken by the two weakest classes when it comes to fighting big groups like those monks. Vs. dragons fighters are nice, but they just can't kill monks fast enough nor control them. A druid with Relentless Storm or a cipher with Amplified Wave would trivialize those fights.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

ACC buffing + CC is king as always.

Inspiring Radiance + Devotions of the Faithful + Crowns of the Faithful, Confusion, Pull of Eora, Chillfog + Dragon Thrashed, Minor Avatar + Shining Beacon. What about Ninagauth's Shadowflame?

By the way: why do you have 2 fighters and a rogue? Not that I don't like them, but that's 3 places out of 6 taken by the two weakest classes when it comes to fighting big groups like those monks. Vs. dragons fighter are nice, but they just can't kill enough monks fast enough nor control them. A druid with Relentless Storm or a cipher with Amplified Wave would trivialize those fights.

For sure. I've been rolling with these three for a while. I'll try swapping Eder for Druid; have yet to give him a shot. The Rogue is my main, and he basically kills things very quickly. Viewed warrior as my alt tank, but I see what you're saying. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 2