The upcoming paladin change - needed or too much?

KDubya

After playing a few games with the new changes, I still feel that they changes were not needed.

Penalties add to the flavor of a class as much or even more so than its bonuses. Now Paladins alone have no penalties while every single other subclass does.

Deciding between the bonus and the penalty in what Order to choose felt meaningful. Can I handle the reduced healing of a Bleak Walker while enjoying the extra potency of their FoD? Can I still follow a Kind Wayfarer's ideals of honesty and benevolence when it reduces my damage output when I take undue advantage of an enemy? Along with the huge boost from Gilded Enmity of +4 armor could i handle not having an aura? These were all meaningful choices and enhanced the roleplaying aspects of their particular Order.

Now it all just more powah!!!

Want more FoD damage? Be a Bleak Walker

Want more armor? Be a GoldPact

Want FoD that heal? Be a Kind Wayfarer, also helps with people who have trouble being a cruel and aggressive Bleak Walker.

Want to be witty and clever and have a useless flame shield? Be a Darcozzi.

Want to be rather weak and bland? Be a Shield Bearer

They should re-think this change.

After playing a few games with the new changes, I still feel that they changes were not needed.

Penalties add to the flavor of a class as much or even more so than its bonuses. Now Paladins alone have no penalties while every single other subclass does.

Deciding between the bonus and the penalty in what Order to choose felt meaningful. Can I handle the reduced healing of a Bleak Walker while enjoying the extra potency of their FoD? Can I still follow a Kind Wayfarer's ideals of honesty and benevolence when it reduces my damage output when I take undue advantage of an enemy? Along with the huge boost from Gilded Enmity of +4 armor could i handle not having an aura? These were all meaningful choices and enhanced the roleplaying aspects of their particular Order.

Now it all just more powah!!!

Want more FoD damage? Be a Bleak Walker

Want more armor? Be a GoldPact

Want FoD that heal? Be a Kind Wayfarer, also helps with people who have trouble being a cruel and aggressive Bleak Walker.

Want to be witty and clever and have a useless flame shield? Be a Darcozzi.

Want to be rather weak and bland? Be a Shield Bearer

They should re-think this change.

Yeah GoldPact is a bit OP currently, specially when you can spam Rival Enemy because literally u can use it infinite times. That means you will have permanent +4 armour rate.

Darcozzi and Shieldbearer is a bit underwelm compared with the rest 3 subclasses, but that's because they had a milder penalty in last patch than the rest 3.

Edited by dunehunter