Repulsing Seal and/or Prone

thelee

This is a small mechanic issue, but I'm just offering that Repulsing Seal needs a tweak in light of how prone has been changed to just be a souped up interrupt. I just have trouble imagining a situation where you wouldn't pick Pillar of Faith (larger aoe, actually does damage, unlike PoE1 actually prones your direct target as well in addition to being the same spell level). I mean, sure Repulsing Seal can be cast out of combat, without a target, but given that unlike PoE1 there's no such thing as a prone duration, catching an enemy with a Repulsing Seal like a trap seems significantly less useful.

Edited by thelee

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding that after playing around some more with the beta updated, I'm convinced that something needs to be done with either Repulsing Seal or Pillars of Faith.

To reiterate some points: I've really been trying, but I can't find a good reason why to pick Repulsing Seal over Pillars of Faith. The latter actually does damage, has an aoe that is actually affected by intellect, a longer range, doesn't target Fortitude, and is less prone to buggy targeting (sometimes it'll look like Repulsing Seal's aoe will overlap with an enemy, only to find out that the enemy doesn't get affected by it). The only thing in Repulsing Seal's favor is that you can cast it without a target (i.e. laying it like a pseudo trap outside of combat or to pre-empt a location where an enemy will go during combat), but because Prone is now just a strong interrupt instead of CC the utility of being able to do these is extremely low.

Edited by thelee