Multiplayer coop after release ?

dam

Hello guys,

While we're all having pangs of nostalgia over the old Infinity Engine games, I'd like to raise the topic of multiplayer.

Now, bear with me, keep reading, don't get replying just yet if you please.

If I remember correctly, the community is quite divided wrt this very topic of having multiplayer in POE.

The main argument that often came up was "it's going to divert resources" or "it's going to delay the game", or even "rather a good single player game than a bad multi".

Those are all points I definitely can get behind, there is no question here.

Nay what I'd like to discuss is the addition of multiplayer after the release.

It has been done, and recently too.

Games such as Craft the World or Don't Starve added multiplayer post-release.

Why would I even want multiplayer ?

Bros, one of the things I regret most about PoE is not being able to share it with someone else.

Thoughts ?

Would you like to see coop multiplayer ?

I, like you all, do not wish to see the game's release or quality compromised, that's for sure.

I would love however, to see a multiplayer addition later on !

I didn't get into NWN2 in time to enjoy co-op and it's one of my great regrets.

While I'd love the opportunity for co-op in Deadfire, I'm not sure it is built to support it.

...and I wouldn't have anyone to play with anyway, all of my friends only play DoTA2 and CS.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

I was against before my experience with Divinity, after playing with both strangers and friends I had an excellent time .The feature has a lot of potential to extend the game lifetime and discussion overall. I wouldn't mind an expansion starring this feature to be quite honest.

Edited by takamorisan

I wouldn't worry about finding people to play with, this and the PoE2 reddit would make it pretty easy to find other members of the community to play with. I am all for it, in fact...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is one of the "very complicated features" they aren't ready to show us yet but I am probably being too hopeful. Having it post launch would be fine too, if it doesn't happen I won't lose any sleep over it.