Swift Strikes does not stack with frenzy

KDubya

Question

Swift Strikes does not stack with Frenzy, bug or feature?

In combat if I right click on my weapons (can't with fists which makes it hard to determine what their base damage, speed and recovery are) I can pull up details that list for a spear recovery time 3.0 sec - dex 13% (dex of 15 should be 15%?), +50% armor, -50% dual wield and -20% Quick Strikes. When I then activate Frenzy the -25% for Frenzy replaces the -20% for Quick Strikes.

If this is by design it really crimps being a Barbarian Monk. 

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

For me this is a problem.

In POE1 there was a balancing for each class. OK.

Here, with multiclass you are looking FOR the good and logical combo between 2 classes.

The rules of stack must becoming more flexible otherwise some classes will be useless.

The risk of "oh no... this does not work... That seemed logical oh ! here too... and here..."

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

Agreed. Besides, Swift Strikes seems to be stacking with the potion you start with that gives extra speed; in PoE 1 it didn't stack with Deleterious Alacrity of Motion, IIRC. So stacking rules appear to have changed. Imo different abilities from different classes should stack, since we have multi-classing and are encouraged to explore synergies.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

In combat if I right click on my weapons (can't with fists which makes it hard to determine what their base damage, speed and recovery are) I can pull up details that list for a spear recovery time 3.0 sec - dex 13% (dex of 15 should be 15%?), +50% armor, -50% dual wield and -20% Quick Strikes. When I then activate Frenzy the -25% for Frenzy replaces the -20% for Quick Strikes.

Hold on, -50% dual wield ???

Is that not supposed to be 20% or so ?

The synergy was looking pretty good for a Berserker taking the upgraded Clarity of Agony. Even normal Clarity of Agony clears the confusion effect fro Berserker rage for one wound.

It also looks as if crits caused by Frenzy's +50% hit to crit does not activate the free attack from the upgraded Swift Flurry. So either that is another bug or best to take lightning strikes instead for the +50% lash.

This guy is a monster!

• Like 1

All dual wielding gets -50% action speed on all characters. Taking two weapon style adds another -20%

• Like 1

All dual wielding gets -50% action speed on all characters. Taking two weapon style adds another -20%

Thanks for the clarification, that does answer the question of "is DW even worth it ?" which I had yet to open a thread to ask ;)

It also looks as if crits caused by Frenzy's +50% hit to crit does not activate the free attack from the upgraded Swift Flurry. So either that is another bug or best to take lightning strikes instead for the +50% lash.

Probably unintended; worth reporting in a separate thread imo.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus