In the topic "worst possible build" somebody suggested a melee ranger.
I accepted the challenge and tried to make something useful out of it.
This is my idea:
race: moon godlike (for survuvability)
animal companion: boar (for regeneration)
I am not sure about the stats and I could not tell which one is more or less useful.
lv1: boar companion, marked prey, crippling strike
lv2: vicous companion
lv3: mercyless companion
lv4: dirty fighting, takedown
lv5: resilient companion
lv6: protective companion
lv7: blinding strike, predators sense
lv8: gouging strike ( for dot effect)
lv9 heal companion
lv10: riposte, stalkers link
as soon as possible deep wounds.
The rangers pet causes more damage via sneak attack and against dotted enemies. So its kind of a rogue. I thought that 2 rogues together might be good.
When attacking the same target, they gain the following bonusses:
- They give flanked status for sneak attack
- Rogue lets the enemy bleed and that increases pet damage (unfortuanatly not with a lv 1 talent like a ranged ranger)
- more accurancy via stalkers link
- looks like a rather fragile char
- Sometimes it may be hard that both chars attack the same enemy, maybe because other enemies block the way
Do you think that such a char may be useful?