I personally like Chanter, i always like classes such as Paladin and Chanter, some spells and some damage/tankie. But i agree that his ability to summon some funny skeletons when the battle has already been over is weird T.T. Perhaps better to remove this spell from POE II.

A Chanter in PoE can stand and fight while singing. He has good deflection. That alone gives him a good enough start for chapter 1.

I preferred a solid 14 Str, Con, Per, 16 Int Build. Grab the Plate Armour in Gilded Vale and go Sword and Board in WS1 and Dual Wield in WS2. Nothing garbage about that start. Viable in Chapter 1 in PotD solo or Party build. Even without Dragon Slashed he could pull off all kinds of feats with his Chanting and dumping Ogres into the fray is NEVER garbage. Never....

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

• 5 months later...

Yo Boeroer,

How do you distribute the stats if you are going to start with berserker/skald? I was thinking maybe dumping PER and use two rapiers, picking up the weapon proficiency to offset the accuracy.

I’m currently thinking,

MIG 19

CON 14

DEX 18

PER 3

INT 10

RES 7

Also, how do you remove the confused status and -4 INT from using frenzy? Which priest spell do you use for that?