Fighter (Devout) Multi-class issue

TheC

Let us be honest...

Fighter Devout is a very strong subclass because Penetration is HUGE so far in POE2. Too important really. This is balanced by only being able to be proficient in a single weapon. But when multiclassing, you can learn more weapons and still retain the huge bonus you get as if you have only selected a single weapon.

While I have been using this build myself, I must be honest in saying that it is extremely OP and should be removed. If you choose the 'Devout Subclass,' you should not receive more weapon proficiencies from your second class.

Penetration is HUGE so far in POE2. Too important really.

I've just started my 2nd char based on your claim here, and yikes! You are right. I made a swashbuckler and took everything boosting penetration and then added high defenses. I also adjusted the mercenary fighter accordingly, and these two alone are breezing through content that I had a hard time with using a Herald (nice defences, but it takes ages to hit and damage something). Well, now I know what I'll be playing this beta. This way, I get stuff done. :yes:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***