Miasma of Dull-Mindedness & Wild Orlan Wizard

Well I mean if the scenario if the Char is Res dumped. Sure Psychovampiric Shield is good. The point is the Orlan Wizard is the one affected by the negative effects of PS. Mind Wave give +10 to Will, Fort and Reflex to the targeted Orlan. PS gives -10 Def, -10 Will, +10 Fort and +10 Reflex to the Orlan. To me, those +10/-10 insignificant as they may be, those stats differences are the qualifiers.

Also can we discuss during combat too? What would you do in that situation?

Edited by mosspit

In the end, none of these are really worth it. A 10 second buff to all defenses for only 10 seconds is not really a big deal and damaging yourself in the middle of battle or wasting focus is kind of self defeating. You would need to do it multiple times to make it last the battle and then you would be dead.

I think the vampiric shield defiant resolve trick really works best when cast on yourself as a cipher MC playing solo; Otherwise, if in a party, do it only before combat where it has basically no downside since the focus is free and enemy targeting is not an option. The +25 cipher deflection is worth it alone.

Edited by Braven
  • Like 1