First post so I hope I'm not repeating or messing up. I'm unimpressed with the NPC base builds and starting stuff. My goal is to discuss the most effective (potentially no fun team comp that would make it seem like the game is being played on storytime or easy.

My first idea was:

Priest

Pally

Pally

Ranger

Wizard

Wizard

But then it seemed very magic reliant so I imagined a:

Priest

Ranger

Ranger

Barb

Pally

Druid

But then It seemed lacking in CC so I went:

Priest

Barb

Pally

Pally

Chanter

Chanter

I'd really appreciate someone correcting my compass when it comes to this. Am I missing a blatantly obvious "pick me" sign. I'm pretty much at the point of either finish off the achievements (except pacifist)(I read characters in PoE2 are effected by achievements from the original) or do a godlike run, but I'm on console so I'm not inclined nor can I be bothered to try and cheat my way to success.

First post so I hope I'm not repeating or messing up. I'm unimpressed with the NPC base builds and starting stuff. My goal is to discuss the most effective (potentially no fun team comp that would make it seem like the game is being played on storytime or easy.

Something like this would require something very cheesy with little micro involved, and unfortunately (for some of us, at least) PoE is indeed full of potential cheese. Your third idea seems to be the closest to that.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93570-help-i-created-a-monster-6-chanters-vs-potd/ for one example.

Chanters are great for damage once they reach lvl 9, but they're not that strong in CC. For CC, it's hard to beat a druid past level 9. Recently I cleared out Durgan's Battery by stunning the groups of enemies (battery sirens, wraiths, ghosts, etc) that congregate in there with a Driving Wave, running up while they're stunned to unleash a Returning Storm, which would stun them repeatedly and while I Spiritshifted and finished off the tougher foes still standing with strikes that would range from 120-150 damage per hit, i.e., crits, since they were stunned and thus thoroughly debuffed.

A party with 2 high level palllys and 2 chanters will tear through foes so quickly, however, that the CC wouldn't be necessary! It does get a bit boring, however, since it becomes so easy!

• Like 1

Chanters are great for damage once they reach lvl 9, but they're not that strong in CC. For CC, it's hard to beat a druid past level 9. Recently I cleared out Durgan's Battery by stunning the groups of enemies (battery sirens, wraiths, ghosts, etc) that congregate in there with a Driving Wave, running up while they're stunned to unleash a Returning Storm, which would stun them repeatedly and while I Spiritshifted and finished off the tougher foes still standing with strikes that would range from 120-150 damage per hit, i.e., crits, since they were stunned and thus thoroughly debuffed.

A party with 2 high level palllys and 2 chanters will tear through foes so quickly, however, that the CC wouldn't be necessary! It does get a bit boring, however, since it becomes so easy!

Yes, I agree that 6 Chanter may not be the ideal power group in fact, and mixing in some Paladins (and perhaps a Priest and a Wizard for buffs/CC) might be a better path. I would probably run 3 Chanter, 1 Paladin, 1 Priest, 1 Wizard or 2 Chanter, 2 Paladin, 1 Priest, 1 Wizard group the next run.

Yes, I agree that 6 Chanter may not be the ideal power group in fact, and mixing in some Paladins (and perhaps a Priest and a Wizard for buffs/CC) might be a better path. I would probably run 3 Chanter, 1 Paladin, 1 Priest, 1 Wizard or 2 Chanter, 2 Paladin, 1 Priest, 1 Wizard group the next run.

Fantastic opinions here! I'm going to give it a shot after this playthrough. I guess #4 will be a godlike rush. After so many pushes though and so many loading screens, I deserve myself some "desert"! Haha.

Thanks for yalls replies!