Where are my characters/saved games?

Tiltowait

Question

I fired up the app on my ipad as before, it had been a while but I never deleted the app so I expected to find my saves there.

The options are: START. Continue is grayed out. Are my collections (paid content) also gone? I had quite a bunch of purchased and saved chests I never opened. Where did they go?

Where's my content and games please? How to access? I do not see the "connect" option that I believe accessed the servers in the past. Where did the saves get moved to?

I never recieved any notifications of any pending changes.

4 answers to this question

Hello, I don't have an iPad and never worked with one, but your purchased things, saves and characters are stored on a server and not on your device. The problem is probably that your game cannot connect and synchronize with the server. Try opening Game Central or whatever it is called (Google Games on Android) and connect through your gaming account. If that does not help, try restarting your iPad, connect to your gaming account and run Pathfinder. If even that does not help, maybe somebody with iPad will offer a solution ;)

This is the best I can do...

• Like 2

Jenceslav is probably right about the Game Center account.  If you have been away for a while, you may have been logged out during an iOS update and never really noticed.

Open up the Settings app and scroll down maybe a third of the way.  Game Center should be right above the Facebook and Twitter settings.  Check that you are logged in.  If you already are logged in, try logging out and back in again.  After that, restart Pathfinder, and things should start going back to normal.

Your Pathfinder account is very dependent on game center (or google play).  If that sign-in isn't working correctly, things fall apart and you see all sorts of problems with syncing/gold/content/saves/etc...

• Like 2

Argh! Apple strikes again. As of iOS 10, Game Center has been removed. While it sort of appears in settings..and it shows me logged in...no way to sync with any of my existing games.

All the options and features of game center have been deleted.

Now I have to forum hunt on Apple for a fix.

Argh! Apple strikes again. As of iOS 10, Game Center has been removed. While it sort of appears in settings..and it shows me logged in...no way to sync with any of my existing games.

All the options and features of game center have been deleted.

Now I have to forum hunt on Apple for a fix.

In the Game Center settings, tap on your Apple ID to sign out.  Once you're logged off, log back in and restart Pathfinder.  

I don't know if the Game Center login occasionally goes "stale" or something, but that trick has helped a number of people who have been encountering similar "I've been gone for a long while" disconnects.

• Like 2