Dawnflower's Favor Freezes Game (iOS)

LaSpeakeasi

Question

It's happened every time without fail. If I play Kyra's Danwflower's Favor to assist another character's check, then choose the Recharge option, the game will freeze. I must quit to Main Menu and Continue. But Kyra's Blessing will be discarded anyway as if the power is never used.

Also, can I just say this game is unbearably buggy for a game that's come out for almost a year? I purposely waited to play the game hoping you will iron out the kinks. I was sorely disappointed again. I've played most Obsidian games, and every new Obsidian game felt like the most buggy release you've ever put out. It's as if you don't believe in playtesting or quality control whatsover.

3 answers to this question

For me in Android version, the Dawnflower Favor works almost as intended, both with Blessing of Sarenrae, and with Favor of Sarenrae, regardless of the target of the blessing. The only bug I observed is that no such blessing is tallied into the Play n blessings on other hero's check challenge.

And yes, there are many bugs, but mainly in the newer content - AD6 and such. In recent weeks, I usually play only a few games per day to finish challenges and earn a little gold, but I like the game anyway. I suppose the Obsidian management does not give their programmers enough space to betatest and these bugs are not corrected right away.

• Like 1

For me in Android version, the Dawnflower Favor works almost as intended, both with Blessing of Sarenrae, and with Favor of Sarenrae, regardless of the target of the blessing. The only bug I observed is that no such blessing is tallied into the Play n blessings on other hero's check challenge.

And yes, there are many bugs, but mainly in the newer content - AD6 and such. In recent weeks, I usually play only a few games per day to finish challenges and earn a little gold, but I like the game anyway. I suppose the Obsidian management does not give their programmers enough space to betatest and these bugs are not corrected right away.

I'm only on AD4. And the old content is just unbearably buggy.

Have you played Pillars of Eternity? Or Tyranny? It's not so much a betatest issue as more there's little to no follow-up fix even after the contents are released.

Edited by LaSpeakeasi

Ok, I think I am able to reproduce the issue. It *always* occur under these circumstances:

1. Using blessing to aid another character

2. The character aiding has a blessing-augmenting power (e.g. Kyra and Seelah) that allows you to recharge instead of discard.

3. The character aided is a goblin, namely Ranzak and Poog

The game will freeze. The right arrow proceed button will disappear. Upon loading the save, the blessing-augmenting power will not be used. And any character between the aided and aiding party will have their turn skipped. And blessing deck will lose the corresponding turns w/o those character actually getting to move.

Pls fix this - it's incredibly annoying if not downright game breaking.