Gameplay bugs on Android

grynberg

Question

Device Info

• Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A520F)
  • Android 6.0.1
  • PFID-5F90E14909396276

General bugs

- Wands of Enervation still keeps multiplying. I don't know how or when but as long as you keep using them, there's a chance that you will duplicate them. In Rise of Runelords campaign, I have 4 wands on my Wizard, 5 on Sorcerer, 4 on Rogue and 6 on Bard. I also have a healty stack of 6 wands on my stash, just in case I have to bury them (yes, they are the cheapest thing to bury since they keep coming back).

- Sunburst/Song of Hawkmoon and wands of enervation. Play a wand of enervation to lower opponents strength. Then play sunburst spell and then cancel the spell. Opponent is restored to his original strength but you don't get the wand of enervation back - it will remain buried.

- Blessing of Thassilonian Virtues. It says on the card "Bury this card to automatically succeed at your check to close a location". No such mechanics exists and you can't bury that card to automatically succeed room closings. I've tried it in various rooms with several different characters - it just doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

- Action economy in general. I played the game a lot over few months and basically completed everything on legendary except the last campaign (see below). If you don't do anything weird, everything runs smoothly. As soon as you start cancelling things (cards, abilities, weapon/spell discards) things can go wrong. It doesn't happen often but it does happen frequently enough to make you wonder why are you frustrating yourself with this game and not playing something else. I have failed quite a few quests on legendary difficulty because actions get messed up and for a short while you have no idea whats going on.

More specific stuff.

- Rise of Runelords/Spires of Xin-Shalast/Road through Xin-Shalast, Legendary difficulty. My group is as follows: Fighter, Paladin, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer. I always place my fighter in the room "Heptaric Locus" because it has one of the highest combat difficulties. Before you fight a henchman, you have to add 2d6 on Legendary to his difficulty. All the henchmen require you to roll constitution first and if you fail, you get 1 force damage. Since it's a small amount I never try to pass this roll. After rolling constitution you have to beat the henchman and then something incredibly stupid happens - the game goes into a loop. You have to roll 2d6 again to add to henchmans strength, then roll constitution and then beat him again and so on. All this is cumulative so you end up beating him on 30, then 37, then 42 etc.. The first time this happens I think I got up to 80 or so before I gave up and Forfeit the game.

This has happened 5 times already. Something similar happens with the dragon as well once you even get there - the dragon might or might not go into this stupid loop and you've lost the game.

I have tried this quest 15+ times on legendary and it's already a pretty hard thing to finish on time, thanks to the 2d6 extra difficulty. Bugs like these don't make it easier.

- Rise of Runelords/Spires of Xin-Shalast/Cabin in the Snow. There's an option to banish hantings to increase your rolls. When you encounted a Wendigo, a popup with an option "Banish"/"Continue" or something pops up with no description what's going on. Let me tell you - banishing cards is really-really bad. My characters are equipped up to their necks with rare cards so this popup is like a jumpscare. I don't think i've ever managed to banish the haunts because I figured this was some other special ability from room/player that pops up and I cancel it as quickly as possible. This is not the only place this happens, the game could really use more help. When I picked up the app (and I did play through the "tutorial"), I had no idea what was going on. I was afraid to bury cards because I thought I would loose them forever, I banished cards I needed and so on. The only way to get some clue as to what's going on is to spend a few hours googling and learning about the bloody card came. This game is not for a casual gamer. If not for the "Pathfinder" tag in your game name, I would never have gotten past the first quest. I would have uninstalled immediately.

- Rise of Goblins, first campaign, first quest. I saved the biggest problem last because this was my final straw. I bought Rise of Goblin and created my usual party (Fighter, Paladin, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer). I completed the first quest and every character was rewarded with new card abilities. I chose +1 to blesses for everyone except the wizard since he doesn't use blesses.

After choosing new abilities, you get sent to the store. If you don't have enough items in your stash, you get sent to the store where you can buy new cards. In my case, I needed 5 new blessings. The problem is - THERE ARE NO CARDS ON SALE and therefore you can't proceed. So that was it. For the 5 or 6 euros I spent, I got to complete one quest only to become stuck right after it with no way to progress. 

PLEASE HIRE MORE TESTERS. DO NOT USE YOUR PLAYERS AS YOUR ONLY OPTION FOR BETA TESTING! You will only alienate them from your products.

• Like 1

21 answers to this question

Great list of bugs. Hopefully the devs will see it and find a way to correct them.

About the Wand of Enervation - I do not know what causes this behaviour, but this duplication bug is here a very long time. Maybe it happens in some specific combinations of cards. I have obtained many copies as well (I think 6 in total), but some vere lost in the 'stupid' thassilonian location "Banish item when you would obtain an item". Other two were lost along with Ezren (completion up to 6-5) when he disappeared.

Regarding the key words banish / bury ... - you may be right. I started to play the game once I knew the rules for the card game so I understood very well the distinction between all 6 actions. There is some help available in the app, but I never used it ;)

Ad adventure 6. Huh. Either you are a masochist or you are VERY good. Probably the latter ;) I had to divide my usual 4-hero group into 2-hero groups to even complete the scenarios in Heroic and Legendary. Especially the 6-4 and 6-5 were ugly, but 6-3 was also very bad. I never experienced the loop you describe but it seems terrible. It reminds me of adventure 5-4 (3 villains) in legendary with +5 difficulty for each defeated villain.

Try to divide the group into two three-man/woman teams and you will be definitely OK. Maybe :)

Never played Rise of Goblins, but there are many reports about this bug with blessings in RoG. It seems to be always with blessings and not some other cards. I hope they will correct this in the next update.

Despite many bugs (mainly in Heroic & Legendary runs, but not always - Muck Graul and Ogrekin can ruin your day; do not Stride into Temple), this is quite an enjoyable game for me. Nevertheless, I swore many times when attempting to defeat Ceoptra, Karzoug and some other Villains. Mostly due to bugs similar to your Wand of Enervation & Sunburst - e.g. playing a spell against Ceoptra, succeeding the check, applying Wand and then - I may not play the spell again? Huh??? I may not play any spell? Double ugh - with Seoni's d4 or Ezren's d6. Better forfeit and run again. :(

There's one thing I don't get on this game: usually, the #1 reason a bug stays unsolved is because the devs cannot duplicate it consistently, so it becomes very hard to figure out the way to fix it. Here we have lots of bugs that happen all the time (Muck Graul, Cape of Escape, Desecrated Vault, etc, etc, etc). Anyone can see there's something wrong when these cards/locations are involved, so why can't they fix them (or at least remove them temporarily from the game until this is done)? It feels like the dev team is busy with other projects and dedicates something like 2% of their time to this game...

Cheers,

Mauricio

A few more I've encountered recently.  Same device/pathfinder ID as listed above.

Dissapearing gold
--------------------------------------------
I haven't really counted gold before but I now when I'm working towards my 7k goal to unlock druid, I started noticing that something fishy is going on and I'm not getting as much gold as I'm supposed to. I logged my gold before the quest, after closing every room and at the reward screen. Everything was correct but once I got to scenario map again, I had lost 100 gold.
I am running the quest 1.1 on legendary.

Before quest - 3329
Seven rooms closed, checked settings - 3364 (+35, correct)
Last room closed on legendary, reward screen says I now have 3714 gold (+350, correct)
Sold 6 cards for 6 gold - Should be on 3720
Actual money after getting back to the campaign map- 3620
Somehow I lost 100 gold.

Palading Healing Hands - Infinite healing.
Requirements: Paladin has one buff spell with divine trait (lets say strength). No other divine cards.
Paladin plays the strength spell. Healing Hands icon remains active and you can use it indefinetly now without burying any cards. I'm guessing it's because you still techically own the only divine card but you can't actually bury it. I've used this trick to heal my paladin, thief and cleric all to full in one turn while they were all in the same room. Cheesy as hell but it helps when you're running 6.3 and 6.5 on legendary.

Blessing of Nethys and broken UI
Requirements: Character has Blessing of Nethys and one of the next two cards in location deck is the henchman.
Character plays the blessing and reorders the next two cards so that he draws the henchman. There should be a confirmation that you will fight the henchman (that blue little arrow in the right side of the screen). Instead, there is none and you can't proceed with the game. The only way to "reset" the UI is to open and close the shop. I've already gotten used to opening/closing the shop since the UI breaks down in quite a few instances.

Haste spell and speedy wizards
I managed to close two rooms in one turn with my wizard. What happened was this
Quest: 1.1 - Brigandoom!
- Found henchman, killed him with a spell, closed the room.
- Did not use the Augmented Spell book yet.
- Ended turn and casted haste on the wizard to move him to an open room along the path.
- In the new room I recovered the haste spell and used augmented spell book.
- Turn didn't end and I could use Scrying to find another henchman right away. I had an ally available to open the next card. Killed the henchman and closed the second room in one turn.
You're not supposed to do anything after you use the haste spell to move yourself. The turn should end.

Yet again - multiplying Wands of Enervation!
------------------------------------
I ran Assault on Pinnacle (6.4) on legendary yesterday and believe it or not, I got THREE extra wands of enervation after that quest. That was my new record. I've had two wands before but three was something new. Yay for me, I guess.

Scaling Mhar Massif - heroic/legendary
-----------------------------------
I'm not sure who wrote this quest but the penaltiesyou get for rolling dice are just insane.

Lets take 1d4. All the 1-s and 2-s will count as 0 so that makes the average roll for this dice (0+0+3+4)/4 = 1.75. On heroic/legendary you have to subtract 2 from all combat rolls so 1d4 becomes an average of -0.25. Yes, for every 1d4 you throw into the battle, you will actually decrease your chance to win it.
Lets take 1d6. The average roll is (0+0+3+4+5+6)/6 = 3. Combat rolls will get a penalty of 2 so the average roll for 1d6 is 1! Most monster difficulties are around 20!
My  fighter has a strength of 6, two belts of physical might, three ebon thorns and two Chellans, plus a few othe golden/+3 weapons. With a lucky hand he can use chellan, 2 belts and an ebon thorn so he can hit 17 without having to roll anything. My other characters can't get anywhere near to that.
You can pass the Leng spiders by doing diplomacy rolls but there are still a lot of other monsters you have to encounter.

What I'm trying to say is that this is one of the most unbalanced quests out there, especially if you compare it to other quests right next to it. 6.4 on legendary is joke. I did a few runs on legendary just to see if I'm getting better loot from Khalib's loot pile. Quests 6.1 and 6.2 are harder but nothing even close to 6.3. I'm probably going to figure it out eventually but it's an odd peak in hardship. It's feels like the people behind this quest never bothered to work out the math.

Scaling Mhar Massif heroic+,- wands of enervation
------------------------------------------------------
There's a funny bug with wands in 6.3. Occasionally, those -2 maluses on dice rolls actually get added to your enervation rolls. My wizard should be rolling 4+1d4 with enervation wands but instead, he's was rolling 10+1d4 at some point, draining 14 (sic!) levels with one wand.

Scaling Mhar Massif heroic+, paladins Inspired Grace
------------------------------------------------------
Inspired Grace does something wonky when used in combat in 6.3. I can't force myself playing through Mhar Massif on heroic anymore so my description of the problem is what I can remember of it.
My paladin has a strength of 1d8+6. He plays a +3 warhammer and gets a roll of 6+1d8 (strength) + 3 + 1d8 (hammer) -4 (-2 malus per dice)  = 5+2d8
Paladin uses Inspired Crace to add 1d6+1 to the roll. The roll should be 5+2d8+1d6+1-2 = 4+2d8+1d6, but instead it becomes something like -2+2d8+1d6.
It doesn't reset back even if you cancel the weapon so you will end up with a roll of 0+1d8 without a weapon.

It's already 2am and I have to get to sleep. I've encountered more bugs but I just haven't written them down yet. I really hope someone one the other end at least marks down that there are these problems because the game is fun. I've put about 20 euros in the game so far but I can't see myself buying any more quests or campaigns when the game is at this state.
  • Like 1

Status report.

All the listed bugs are still there which also means I can't play the new goblins expansion at all. Are you offering refunds for the Rise of the Goblins!?

EDIT: I'm especially annoyed about the 100 gold im loosing per game. What's the reason behing this, making players buy gold?

Edited by grynberg

EDIT: I'm especially annoyed about the 100 gold im loosing per game. What's the reason behing this, making players buy gold?

Could be a UI glitch as well.  What party size and difficulty are you playing?

He/she is talking about the gold coins not correctly awarded at the end of any scenario at Legendary. See

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93530-loosing-gold-each-game/

The "missing gold" is the difference between 70+30×n (server-side) and 50+50×n (client-side and descriptions in-game), where n=number of heroes. In this case, it was 6 players, which concurs with the formulas.

Could be a UI glitch as well.  What party size and difficulty are you playing?

Did you read my previous posts or was this just a kneejerk response to my latest complaint? I listed a lot of bugs, some are stopping me from playing the game. Notably the Rise of Goblins. I've only played one quest and I can't advance in that campaign anymore.

I'll try to break down the gold problem as precicely as possible, although I'm a little surprised nobody on your Q&A team has noticed this. All you have to do is play one game to find out. This problem was also reported 4 days ago on another thread.

Group: Fighter, Paladin, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer (6 people)

Quest: Perils of the Lost Coast/Brigandoom! (Quest 1.1)

Hardship: Legendary

Gold reward for legendary: 50+50 per group member. Total gold: 350.

Gold before the quest: 3329 gold

Closed seven rooms and checked settings: 3364 gold (+35, correct. 5 gold per closing. Although another bug is that you don't get gold anymore for killing monsters but that's another bug)
Closed last room, finished the quest. Reward screen says I now have 3714 gold (+350, correct. Exactly how much I have to get for legendary with 6 people)
I had to sell 6 cards for 6 gold - My total gold should be now at 3720
Actual money after getting back to the campaign map- 3620

I lost 100 gold. I have checked this 3 times now and the loss is consistent. I should get 350 gold + 5 gold per closing + whatever items I'm selling.

I would like to repeat the question I asked on the other thread. Are these bugs we're reporting going anywhere from these forums? Right now I'm feeling like yelling into a well. I hope you don't take this personally but I'm a little disappointed. 
Edited by grynberg

Did you read my previous posts or was this just a kneejerk response to my latest complaint? I listed a lot of bugs, some are stopping me from playing the game. Notably the Rise of Goblins. I've only played one quest and I can't advance in that campaign anymore.

None of the posts in this particular thread contained info on your party makeup.  I just wanted to make sure before offering input.

You are very likely experiencing a UI glitch.  You aren't losing gold.  The app is just displaying some outdated information that does not match with how the server has been calculating gold since around February or so.

The scenario reward that the app UI is expecting:

Reward = 350 gold = 50 (legendary completion) + 50 + 50 + 50 + 50 + 50 + 50 (6 characters)

The actual server calculation:

Reward = 250 gold = 70 (legendary completion) + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30

The problem isn't that you are losing 100 gold.  The problem is that the app is displaying payout info that hasn't been in effect for a long time.

None of the posts in this particular thread contained info on your party makeup.  I just wanted to make sure before offering input.

You are very likely experiencing a UI glitch.  You aren't losing gold.  The app is just displaying some outdated information that does not match with how the server has been calculating gold since around February or so.

The scenario reward that the app UI is expecting:

Reward = 350 gold = 50 (legendary completion) + 50 + 50 + 50 + 50 + 50 + 50 (6 characters)

The actual server calculation:

Reward = 250 gold = 70 (legendary completion) + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 30

The problem isn't that you are losing 100 gold.  The problem is that the app is displaying payout info that hasn't been in effect for a long time.

The quest hardship description and the reward panels all say that you should get 50+50 per member gold for the completion. Nowhere in the game is this new gold calculation mentioned. Please update the in-game texts to avoid such confusions.

What about the Rise of Goblins? I'd like to play the campaign but I'm stuck. I'm playing with a group of 6 and I completed the first quest. As a reward, I took blesses for everyone. Now I can't play any more quests since I am stuck at the shop where I'm supposed to buy blessings for the freshly unlocked slots but the shop doesn't have anything on sale.

There are also 14 various problems I listed on the previous posts. Can you please get the Q&A people to look into those as well and ask for details while I'm still around? I have already grinded through some of the buggiest quests I mentioned but it took some extreme luck and bug abuse to complete them.

There are also 14 various problems I listed on the previous posts. Can you please get the Q&A people to look into those as well and ask for details while I'm still around? I have already grinded through some of the buggiest quests I mentioned but it took some extreme luck and bug abuse to complete them.

Whether or not you see a reply, QA regularly collects bug reports from the forums an adds it to their own tracker.

In the meantime, a lot of the activity on this forum is users helping each other out by isolating bugs and figuring out if there are any workarounds while a patch is being worked on.  If you feel that a particular issue appears to be going unresolved, drop an email to support@obsidian.net and reference the thread.

A lot of us wish we could help out more, but sometimes the best we can do is offer some insight in why the app's behavior seems to differ from what users are expecting.

• Like 1

Adding a few more. (Device, PFID info in the first post)

Over-eager paladin.

---------------------------------

Paladin always has the exlamation mark next to her icon when other characters are taking rolls, even if she can't actually help with rolls.

Pathfinder app and Google Play account.

-----------------------------------------------

Pathfinder app can't reliably connect to my google play account. It is roughly a 50-50 chance to actually start the game with google play. If you can't get the google play account to connect, the only solution is to close the game and reopen it. It's just annoying and needless. For example, the other games (Clash of Clans, Plague Inc etc) have no such problems. Google Play account is connected every time under any conditions (mobile data, wifi, hotspots, 50 km into a dense forest at one point).

I've also tested like this. Open Pathfinder, no google play. Open Plague Inc, google play connected. Open pathfincer again, no google play! Open pathfinder for the third time, google play connected! I have to open and close the app until it decided it's ready to accept google play accounts...

Druid animal trick and Wand of Enervation

-----------------------------------------------------

Druid plays Animal Trick during combat roll and a random animal ally is revealed. Sorcerer plays wand of enervation. Animal trick is cancelled but instead of withdrawing the animal ally, it gets destroyed and replaced by a random card from sorcerers deck.

One month later, nothing has changed.

(Device ID the same, longer bug descriptions in previous posts)

1. Infinite wands of enervation. Wands are still multiplying. I also managed to multiply the staff of lesser healing a few times. Sold those, though. NOT FIXED!

2. Sunburst and wands of enervation. You still loose the wand if you play sunburst after using wand. NOT FIXED!

3. Blessing of Thassilonian Virtues. You still can't use this to close rooms. NOT FIXED!

4. Legendary quest 6.2. I can't verify this because I haven't played it anymore.

5. Quest 6.1. Still unclear what you are actually banishing because the popup is not telling you anything. NOT FIXED!

6. Rise of goblins shop problem. I still can't advance with my party because they're stuck in shop. Most of them are lacking blesses and I can't advance because the shop is empty. NOT FIXED!

7. Gold per quest. In-game texts still wrongly claim that you're getting 350 gold for a 6-man legendary, although you are only getting 250. NOT FIXED!

8. Paladin infinite healing. You can still fully heal everyone in your room without spending a single card. NOT FIXED!

9. Blessing of Nethys and monster confirmation breaks UI. You are still not getting a monster confirmation if you draw the monster with Blessing of Nethys (For example the wildcard "Too many scarecrows"). Congratulations, you're now stuck with broken UI. NOT FIXED.

10. Hasted wizards. Haven't been able to reproduce this anymore. I think this might have been a very rare glitch. Looking at how the other bugs are doing, I seriously doubt they have fixed this.

11. Legendary 6.3 dice maluses. We don't talk about legendary 6.3 dice maluses.

12. Legandary 6.3 and wands of enervation. Enervation bonuses are still wrongly applied, sometimes reaching 14+ negative levels. NOT FIXED!

13. Paladin exclamation mark. Still there. Paladin always has the exclamation mark on his picture, even though he can't help. NOT FIXED!

14. Druid animal trick bugs. Numerous. Lets start with wand of enervation - wand cancels animal trick and one card is transferred from the wand owner to the druid. NOT FIXED!

15. Druid animal trick + savage beast form. Use animal trick with an animal. Now use savage beast and discard the revealed animal. You will get the beast form bonus and retain the animal trick bonus.

16. Druid animal trick + animal that boosts combat. For example bear. Use animal trick to reveal bear to get 1d4+4 extra damage. You can still discard the bear and get an extra 1d6 combat damage. You retain the 1d4+4 damage even though the bear is now discarded.

17. Poog Shot in the Arm + paladin inspired grace and other recharging mechanisms that conflict with it. During Poog's roll, assist him with blessing of iomedae from Paladin. After the roll, use Poog's Shot in the Arm to recharge one card for paladin. UI goes to paladins view and breaks so that there's no way to advance other then opening the god damn shop again.

18. Quest 6.4 "Assault on the Pinnacle". If you defeat a monster, you get to choose which item you want to obtain. Every once in a while (roughly 1 out of 5 times) the hitboxes for the buttons are moved to the right so that if you hit on the "Spell" button, game activates the "Weapon" button. It's easier to test with blesses, just press the empty space next to a bless icon and roughly 1/5 times you will get the bless without hitting on it. Incredibly annoying if all you really wanted is to get more spells but instead, you're getting 3-5 weapons as well.

19. If you have unclaimed daily challenges then they will still trigger even though they have already been completed. For example the daily challenge "Kill 25 monsters". I killed 25 of them but didn't claim the reward yet. When I killed more monsters the damn thing kept popping up after every kill, saying I have 25/25 kills made. This message takes up like 1/8th of my screen width and completely covers the cards in my hand. Annoying as hell.

20. Duping items like a boss. For a bonus, here's how I accidently duped items like a boss. It happened a few days ago and I havent verified it with other toons but it went like this.

I had a fighter who I wasn't entirely happy with. It was my first character so I messed his stats up a little. I renamed him from "Valeros" to "Valerosk" and removed from party. Then I created a new fighter and named him "Valeros". I transfered equipment from paladin to fighter to send the trash to the old fighter and transfer the good items back to the new one.

I removed the new "Valeros" from party and added the old "Valerosk". I transfered items from "Valerosk" to my paladin (3 belts of physical might, 2 Chellans, 3 ebon thorns, 1 belkzen warchief, 1 raptor, 4 blessings of nethys). Then I removed Valerosk from my party.

When I wanted to add the new "Valeros" to my party, I noticed that a new fighter named "Valeros 2" was created who was missing the equipment I just transfered. When I added "Valerosk" to my party, all his equipment was still there. I deleted fighters "Valeros 2" and restarted the game. After that, the old "Valerosk" was also deleted but all the other gear was still there.

Long story short, my paladin has a bunch of Chellans and my fighter/ranger/rogue/barbarian are fully stacked with belts of physical mights. 

Edited by grynberg

Well, there really hasn't been a patch in the last month or so either.  Hopefully we can revisit a few of these threads on the next release and see that the list of bugs got cut down a bit.

Regarding the Blessing of Thassilonian Virtues, that card works fine... but, it is extremely counter-intuitive to play to close locations.

It has the same feedback problem that the Favor of the Gods card has.  They both default towards mimicking the blessings deck first before playing as their special power (e.g. automatically closing a location or playing additional blessings on a check).

A couple users documented their experience a week or so ago in this thread:

[Blessing of Thassalonian Virtues]

It has been about 50 days now since I first reported these bugs. None of them are fixed. I found about 10 more bugs but I'm done working for you. I should be getting paid but in this twisted scenario, I'm actually paying you to be able to work for you! Hooray for game industry, 2017!

I am sure you are familiar with the 'hotfix' concept but then again you don't really give a rats bum-bum about your customers so why bother.

The reason I'm posting today is that since last week, my party has been completely inaccessible. I can't continue my game, the "continue" button just clicks down for a few seconds and then pops up again. That's the end of the road for me.

Hope you enjoyed the 30 euros you stole from me.

Device Info

• Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A520F)
  • Android 6.0.1
  • PFID-5F90E14909396276

General bugs

- Wands of Enervation still keeps multiplying. I don't know how or when but as long as you keep using them, there's a chance that you will duplicate them. In Rise of Runelords campaign, I have 4 wands on my Wizard, 5 on Sorcerer, 4 on Rogue and 6 on Bard. I also have a healty stack of 6 wands on my stash, just in case I have to bury them (yes, they are the cheapest thing to bury since they keep coming back).

I have not been able to reproduce this... I won't mark it as fixed, but I'll be investigating.

- Sunburst/Song of Hawkmoon and wands of enervation. Play a wand of enervation to lower opponents strength. Then play sunburst spell and then cancel the spell. Opponent is restored to his original strength but you don't get the wand of enervation back - it will remain buried.

This has been fixed.

- Blessing of Thassilonian Virtues. It says on the card "Bury this card to automatically succeed at your check to close a location". No such mechanics exists and you can't bury that card to automatically succeed room closings. I've tried it in various rooms with several different characters - it just doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

By default, the card copies the blessing on top of the blessing deck. If you want to use it's bury functionality you need to disable copy first. Not intuitive I know =/

- Action economy in general. I played the game a lot over few months and basically completed everything on legendary except the last campaign (see below). If you don't do anything weird, everything runs smoothly. As soon as you start cancelling things (cards, abilities, weapon/spell discards) things can go wrong. It doesn't happen often but it does happen frequently enough to make you wonder why are you frustrating yourself with this game and not playing something else. I have failed quite a few quests on legendary difficulty because actions get messed up and for a short while you have no idea whats going on.

More specific stuff.

- Rise of Runelords/Spires of Xin-Shalast/Road through Xin-Shalast, Legendary difficulty. My group is as follows: Fighter, Paladin, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer. I always place my fighter in the room "Heptaric Locus" because it has one of the highest combat difficulties. Before you fight a henchman, you have to add 2d6 on Legendary to his difficulty. All the henchmen require you to roll constitution first and if you fail, you get 1 force damage. Since it's a small amount I never try to pass this roll. After rolling constitution you have to beat the henchman and then something incredibly stupid happens - the game goes into a loop. You have to roll 2d6 again to add to henchmans strength, then roll constitution and then beat him again and so on. All this is cumulative so you end up beating him on 30, then 37, then 42 etc.. The first time this happens I think I got up to 80 or so before I gave up and Forfeit the game.

This has happened 5 times already. Something similar happens with the dragon as well once you even get there - the dragon might or might not go into this stupid loop and you've lost the game.

I have tried this quest 15+ times on legendary and it's already a pretty hard thing to finish on time, thanks to the 2d6 extra difficulty. Bugs like these don't make it easier.

Tried to follow your repro steps and I have not been able to duplicate this. Probably fixed? 

- Rise of Runelords/Spires of Xin-Shalast/Cabin in the Snow. There's an option to banish hantings to increase your rolls. When you encounted a Wendigo, a popup with an option "Banish"/"Continue" or something pops up with no description what's going on. Let me tell you - banishing cards is really-really bad. My characters are equipped up to their necks with rare cards so this popup is like a jumpscare. I don't think i've ever managed to banish the haunts because I figured this was some other special ability from room/player that pops up and I cancel it as quickly as possible. This is not the only place this happens, the game could really use more help. When I picked up the app (and I did play through the "tutorial"), I had no idea what was going on. I was afraid to bury cards because I thought I would loose them forever, I banished cards I needed and so on. The only way to get some clue as to what's going on is to spend a few hours googling and learning about the bloody card came. This game is not for a casual gamer. If not for the "Pathfinder" tag in your game name, I would never have gotten past the first quest. I would have uninstalled immediately.

The UI can be better, we apologize. We're a bit behind with implementing UI design changes.

I admit our initial implementation of the tutorial is really bad. We have since reworked our tutorial to try and better explain the mechanics of the game. Is it perfect? Not quite, but it's the best we can offer at the moment.

- Rise of Goblins, first campaign, first quest. I saved the biggest problem last because this was my final straw. I bought Rise of Goblin and created my usual party (Fighter, Paladin, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer). I completed the first quest and every character was rewarded with new card abilities. I chose +1 to blesses for everyone except the wizard since he doesn't use blesses.

After choosing new abilities, you get sent to the store. If you don't have enough items in your stash, you get sent to the store where you can buy new cards. In my case, I needed 5 new blessings. The problem is - THERE ARE NO CARDS ON SALE and therefore you can't proceed. So that was it. For the 5 or 6 euros I spent, I got to complete one quest only to become stuck right after it with no way to progress. 

This has been fixed.

PLEASE HIRE MORE TESTERS. DO NOT USE YOUR PLAYERS AS YOUR ONLY OPTION FOR BETA TESTING! You will only alienate them from your products.

We're honestly less than a handful of people at this point. When it comes to producing new content, testing every single card interaction, and handling customer service.. we can miss a few things. We just want to create a great game, and while a few mishaps along the way can be frustrating, we really appreciate the bug reports we receive :)

• Like 1

It has been about 50 days now since I first reported these bugs. None of them are fixed. I found about 10 more bugs but I'm done working for you. I should be getting paid but in this twisted scenario, I'm actually paying you to be able to work for you! Hooray for game industry, 2017!

I am sure you are familiar with the 'hotfix' concept but then again you don't really give a rats bum-bum about your customers so why bother.

The reason I'm posting today is that since last week, my party has been completely inaccessible. I can't continue my game, the "continue" button just clicks down for a few seconds and then pops up again. That's the end of the road for me.

Hope you enjoyed the 30 euros you stole from me.

The continue button may not be working, but when you click start do you see your party?

We're honestly less than a handful of people at this point. When it comes to producing new content, testing every single card interaction, and handling customer service.. we can miss a few things. We just want to create a great game, and while a few mishaps along the way can be frustrating, we really appreciate the bug reports we receive :)

Hi, first things first - thanks for replying to 5 out of 20 problems. I didn't expect a full reply anyway but I have no idea if you even read all of the problems.

I returned after quitting two months ago. Decided to give this game another try and bought the Valeros quests for 5 euros. Lets see what I got after 1 day of playing.

1. Valeros part 1, Genral store, Ranzak. Right after closing the room, you get to troll 1d6 to add items into the deck and draw a new item. Ranzaks ability "Look what I found!", combined with "Bigger Ransack!" goes absolutely berserk. Basically you get to pull a card with "Look what I found!" every time after you roll a die which means 2 extra cards with every card that gets added to the deck. With 3 cards added to the General Store deck, you get 9 new cards if you're lucky with "Bigger Ransack!" rolls This is my favourite spot to farm cards now. Yay for bugs that work for the customer. I'm guessing this will be fixed faster then the speed of light now.

2. Valeros part 1, Reward for Legendary is 1750 gold? Holy crap! The reward screen for the quest says something completely random though. Something about loot chests, 250 gold and a card which I never got (Check the next problem). Also, you get TWO loot chests every time you complete it. Yay for the customer again. I can see how nobody has reported this before since everyone knows by know that unless your customers find bugs, you're not really going to fix much.

3. Valeros part 1, Reward for legendary is supposed to be the farmers daughter. The reward screen pops up nicely with the card displayed but when I clicked on it to continue, the screen went black and I was sent into the character card screen and the farmers daughter was gone. POOF! Thanks for the crappy reward, I guess.

4. Valeros part 3, Valeros closes mercenary den. Next turn, before he moves, both Orc poisoner and Mercenary pop up together, creating a weird overlapping card. You have to fight poisoner and the mercenary gets pushed into the deck.

5. Ranzaks ability "Look what I found!" combined with an assisted spell. For example, Kyra asissts ranzak with Aid spell during the turn Ranzak closes a room. Ranzak uses his "Look what I found!" ability aftrer closing the room, now the game switches over to Kyras screen where you're supposed to recover the spell but there are no dice to roll. The only way to "reset" the UI is to go to the damn shop again, only to find that the game has now decided you discarded the spell and it's actually Kyras turn so you get to continue as Kyra.

These were found on ONE afternoon and I wasn't even trying to be methodical on my approach, I was just trying to have some quick fun.

After this, I decided to get back to the other problems I reported earlier. I'll try to colour code them. (It's been about 110 days since I first reported most of these things.)

1. Infinite wands of enervation. Unable to reproduce anymore or it's just that random.

2. Sunburst and wands of enervation. I'll take your word for it because I sold all my sunbursts because of this bug.

3. Blessing of Thassilonian Virtues. Still unclear how you're supposed to use these cards. Why not add a big box next to the card "CLOSE ROOM" or something?. NOT FIXED!

4. Legendary quest 6.2. I can't verify this because I haven't played it anymore.

5. Quest 6.1. There's now a text that explains what you are actually banishing. Good!

6. Rise of goblins shop problem. Is now fixed and I got to play the 5 quests which leads me to a bigger problem - 5 scenarios?! What the hell. Where's the rest of the campaign? I thought this was going to be another fun campaign like on the human side but meh. Completed the 5 scenarios and not going back there again.

7. Gold per quest. In-game texts still wrongly claim that you're getting 350 gold for a 6-man legendary, although you are only getting 250. NOT FIXED!

8. Paladin infinite healing. You can still fully heal everyone in your room without spending a single card. NOT FIXED!

9. Blessing of Nethys and monster confirmation breaks UI. You are still not getting a monster confirmation if you draw the monster with Blessing of Nethys (For example the wildcard "Too many scarecrows") or even a simple Hag card. Congratulations, you're now stuck with broken UI. NOT FIXED.

10. Hasted wizards. Haven't been able to reproduce this anymore. I think this might have been a very rare glitch. Looking at how the other bugs are doing, I seriously doubt they have fixed this.

11. Legendary 6.3 dice maluses. We don't talk about legendary 6.3 dice maluses.

12. Legandary 6.3 and wands of enervation. Enervation bonuses are still wrongly applied, sometimes reaching 14+ negative levels. NOT FIXED!

13. Paladin exclamation mark. Still there. Paladin always has the exclamation mark on his picture, even though he can't help. NOT FIXED!

14. Druid animal trick bugs. Numerous. Lets start with wand of enervation - wand cancels animal trick and one card is transferred from the wand owner to the druid.  NOT FIXED!

15. Druid animal trick + savage beast form. Use animal trick with an animal. Now use savage beast and discard the revealed animal. You will get the beast form bonus and retain the animal trick bonus.

16. Druid animal trick + animal that boosts combat. For example bear. Use animal trick to reveal bear to get 1d4+4 extra damage. You can still discard the bear and get an extra 1d6 combat damage. You retain the 1d4+4 damage even though the bear is now discarded.

17. Poog Shot in the Arm + paladin inspired grace and other recharging mechanisms that conflict with it. During Poog's roll, assist him with blessing of iomedae from Paladin. After the roll, use Poog's Shot in the Arm to recharge one card for paladin. UI goes to paladins view and breaks so that there's no way to advance other then opening the god damn shop again.

18. Quest 6.4 "Assault on the Pinnacle". If you defeat a monster, you get to choose which item you want to obtain. Every once in a while (roughly 1 out of 5 times) the hitboxes for the buttons are moved to the right so that if you hit on the "Spell" button, game activates the "Weapon" button. It's easier to test with blesses, just press the empty space next to a bless icon and roughly 1/5 times you will get the bless without hitting on it. Incredibly annoying if all you really wanted is to get more spells but instead, you're getting 3-5 weapons as well.

19. If you have unclaimed daily challenges then they will still trigger even though they have already been completed. For example the daily challenge "Kill 25 monsters". I killed 25 of them but didn't claim the reward yet. When I killed more monsters the damn thing kept popping up after every kill, saying I have 25/25 kills made. This message takes up like 1/8th of my screen width and completely covers the cards in my hand. Annoying as hell. This might actually be fixed!

20. Duping items like a boss. Haven't bothered to test this because of overflowing items.

Please take a few bloody days off from whatever you're doing and fix the UI. It stops working in so many ways that it's unbelievable. That is if you actually play the game for more then half an hour.

Edited by grynberg

Heh. How about this for a bug - infinite new cards.

1. Close a room with Ranzak

2. Use "Look what I found!".

3. Click on the trash bucket to discard cards, click a card to discard, but do not confirm the discards.

4. Click on the red X to cancel discards.

5. "Look what I found!" comes back online.

Rinse and repeat until your phone runs out of memory.

EDIT: I finally figured out how to make screenshots on my samsung phone....

This is what happens when I did it about 15 times in case you're wondering how abusable this is https://imgur.com/mpbybAs

EDIT2: Also, that adamantine armor you're seeing next to the discard pile is from the fighter. Fighter discarded it when it was his turn and it just stayed next to the discard pile. I've noticed that several spells behave the same.

Edited by grynberg

I just had to add that most of these bugs are so easy to find that I found them through accidents in a few days. I noticed that you have monetized the elite characters (I was only missing frostfire seoni but since it costs 2 euros now, I'm not going to get her). I'm guessing that is because the app is not generating enough income. I strongly suggest you to play the game for a few days and write down everything irregular you see, I'm betting it will become much more profitable when the game is not throwing random nonsense and UI problems at the players.

3. Blessing of Thassilonian Virtues. Still unclear how you're supposed to use these cards. Why not add a big box next to the card "CLOSE ROOM" or something?. NOT FIXED!

Grynberg, many of the bugs are still there, and the developers need to repair them, but there are only few people in their team. Your "take few bloody days off" is rather more acidic than is required. Three of the bugs you listed are not bugs.

3 - works as intended, if you turn off the "copy blessing" button after clicking on discarded blessing deck. It is a bit inconvenient, but you can easily make the B. of Thassilon work

7 - never played with more than 4 players (then, it gives correctly 250gold)

15 and 16 - Animal trick gives bonus regardless of any other actions as it is not "playing the ally" action. First you use the Trick (Lini's Power), then you can recharge the Animal for melee dice or give Lini huge strength and dexterity by polymorphing (and discarding). Theoretically, you should be able to do all three things at once without violating the 1 card of a type rule. IF the tabletop version has different interpretation, the game could be regarded as an incorrect interpretation in this way.

Edit: 15+16: If you look here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1255246/reveal-more-1-animal-time-lini, you will find an explanation that this is all legal.

Edited by Jenceslav