Game crashing on Continue / Start

Dralnu

Question

iOS 10.3.2

iPhone 6S+

PFID 75D710D472F7A2C8

The game was running smoothly after the latest patch for about 2 weeks. Now it is crashing every time I tap Continue or select a party from the Start menu.

Things I can do without crashing:

-visit the store

-make purchases

-see the settings, credits, etc. menus

-start the game with my first party (the other three cause the game to crash).

I read in another thread that banishing all cards from the Unclaimed tab might fix the issue, so I tried that, but it didn't do the trick. I also read that deleting some characters might work; well, I am fine with that, but how many do I need to delete? Should I delete them all and start over? I'd rather not have to do that.

I really enjoy this game. I'm picky with what apps I have on my phone (only 2 screens of apps) and want to keep this one around.

8 answers to this question

I emailed support@obsidian.net last week and they replied today.  I was told that I had 24 characters and that was using all my phone's memory.  I thought I deleted all the old ones but I only disbanded old parties.  Not the same thing.  If you can access your character selection screen, you can delete old characters under the experienced tab.  If you are like me, you game will crash before you can access that screen.  I sent a follow up email asking them to delete anyone not in my current party.  I'll let you know if that works for me.  I'm not sure the support team can do that.  I would suggest you email the support line ASAP as it does take some time to get your spot in line.

Good luck,

Cald

• Like 2

Exactly what hannibal said is what we need to do.  Unfortunately, when I hit launch mobile and hit the "start" button, it will take us to party selection.  I can either select my current party (and the game crashes before the map loads) or try and create a new one.  If I could create a new party, I could access experienced party members and delete them.  Unfortunately, the app crashes as soon as I click "new party" and I never make it to my listing of old character.

Aarik has been in contact with me and is going to try and delete my old unused characters from the server.  Unfortunately, they are stored both locally on my phone and server side.  He has doubt that will work as the first thing my phone will do is try and upload my old characters to the server.  Either way, I'll come back and give everyone an update on whether that helped.  Hopefully it will happen sometime this weekend.  Aarik has been great and he's responded to the four or five emails I've sent him.  For now, I would recommend contacting support via the email address support@obsidian.net.  When they do reply, they are extremely nice.  It just might take a few days.

Update:

For a few days I was able to access my two newest parties. Now, when I try to start or continue with any party, the game crashes.

The game is now essentially unplayable for me.

I've made quite a few purchases and planned on making more, but I see no reason to if I can't even play the game anymore, and now I'm regretting spending anything to begin with.

Now, when I try to start or continue with any party, the game crashes.

The game is now essentially unplayable for me.

I've made quite a few purchases and planned on making more, but I see no reason to if I can't even play the game anymore, and now I'm regretting spending anything to begin with.

I've been in that situation for a month now...it's very frustrating. I even emailed 2-3 weeks back, and never received a response. I not only feel like I've wasted my money on an app that is unplayable...but feel like I'm being ignored now too when I need tech help.