Dreaming Dreams: An Invitation

Fionavar

Synopsis #8

Note: The input is great so far and some is now beginning to overlap. Please review what has been suggested before posting. As well, for those who have/will contribute, please let me know if my synopsis either seems incorrect or does not reflect your input.

• Affirmation/Challenge: Engagement between OBS/Community;
  • App: If going this route, do not force/make it mandatory. Recognise website user context/demographic; & focus on optional aspect;
  • Balance hub with centralised communication, but relaise people are platform loyal;
  • Challenge: Commit to one social media hub as the centra; 'voice;'
  • Challenge: Make sure any new GUI/HUB/Platform is choice driven by community member, as opposed to mandatory;
  • Challenge: Steam like platform;
  • Devs: Further engagement and more accessible;
  • Explore a model similar to uPlay/Origin;
  • Explore designing an Obsidian client that incorporates RPG into character/account;
  • Explore designing an Obsidian client that incorporates RPG into character/account & allows for actual game-play with levels/milestones on the site, perhaps even with PvP;
  • Explore designing an Obsidian client that facilitates RPG between members;
  • Explore designing Obsidian client that facilitates cRPG  i.e. Discord/Steam connectivity;
  • Explore designing platform to share mods for future games;
  • Explore establishing a news portal that curates various feeds;
  • Fora: Affirmation Edit function
  • Fora: Affirmation proper
  • Fora: Any buttons added/implemented, do not use a "negative;"
  • Fora: Implement Agree/Disagree/Rep buttons;
  • Fora: Improve use of real-estate and limit unused/negative space = more compact;
  • Fora: More useful buttons, such as "Helpful", "Interesting", "Agree" and "Respectfully disagree" as opposed to just "Like;"
  • Fora: Have Like for posts, not necessarily for members;
  • Highlight: Blogs & further enhance; 
  • Highlight: existing social media platforms without necessarily centralising a one stop communication channel;
  • Highlight: Obsidian Plays;
  • Highlight upcoming streams/Youtube;
  • Tie access to certain communities to game ownership;
  • Website: Highlight active stream/social media updates & Dev interaction/posts; and,
Examples/ResourcesContributors
  • Like 3

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Thanks to you all for your engagement! After 13+ years of this, I continue to be inspired and grateful for the way individuals such as you help nurture this larger community that OBS continues to encourage, celebrate & include in its own creative journey!

• Like 3

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: