Probability of card drop, now that we can't sell cards from collection

stbassy

Question

I still don't understand how the card-collection works in patch 1.2.6.x

1) if I can't sell dupes, do the number of a specific card matter? Does it affect drop probability in the scenario?

2) is the number of cards that my party can use still limited by the dupes I have in my collection?

3) if we can't sell anymore, doesn't that mean rare cards have an increasingly low chance of appearing as we purchase more treasure chests? (.... or should it be 'diminishing low chance'....)

.... I'm never going to get my liberated-dragon, am I?......

1 answer to this question

1. The inability of treasure dupes to be salvaged is a known issue.  Either it gets fixed shortly or the devs are cooking up some other changes to treasure management.  I'm sure we'll find out more in the next couple patches.

2. I think the previous system of "Hard" and "Soft" limits still applies to cards.  

- Treasure cards have a per-party hard cap.  If you end up with more than allowable, the game will remove the excess copies from a party.

- Normal campaign cards have a soft cap.  If you party ends up with more than usual, you just won't find any more in play.  The game won't take any extras away.

3. Yes-ish.  Only a certain quantity of treasure cards from each deck are selected for play each scenario.  If you have only one Liberated Blue Dragon, and 200 other AD6 treasure cards, the odds of it making that cut are pretty low.  

The good news is that no matter how many treasure cards you have, it will never completely overwhelm the base game, but the flip-side to that is that it can be very difficult to encounter a specific treasure during play.  So yes, until there is a system back in place to prune excess treasure cards, it may be pretty rough odds finding that one specific card.