All Purchases Missing From Account

SkeevePlowse

Question

So, I've been playing the card game for Android for some time now, on and off, and on Saturday night (the 13th), I decided to put some money into the game; I bought some gold, used it to unlock Burnt Offerings, Lem, and Valeros.  About halfway through one of the adventures, I stopped for the night.

When I came back to the game the next day, I noticed that all my gold was gone.  And after I had completed the adventure I was playing, neither the new characters nor the adventure I had just played was unlocked any longer, and I noticed the 4-digit number after my username was different.

I sent an email to support@obsidian.net early that afternoon, on the 14th, but I didn't receive any kind of acknowledgement that it was received.  What's the usual turnaround on a support request like that?  Did I send it to the wrong email address?

On a vaguely related note, does anyone know if there's anything I can do on my end to resolve this problem, or is it strictly a server side error that I have no ability to repair?

4 answers to this question

Yep, your account id has changed so you Are different Person to The system.

Double check your google play account. That it is same as before.

But contacting the support is the right way of to do it if that google play account is right. So system updates has been know to the change the id for some reason.

On a vaguely related note, does anyone know if there's anything I can do on my end to resolve this problem, or is it strictly a server side error that I have no ability to repair?

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your account.  Sadly, there isn't much that you can do on your end.  The issue is pretty rare, and seems to only affect Android for some reason.

Assuming you are logged into the google play store with the same account, occasionally something funny happens, and a new unique ID is generated, which in turn creates a new PFID (your Pathfinder Account) and you lose access to your stuff.  The same username but different 4-digit ID issue you describe is a classic indication that sort of thing happened.

The good news is that your old account is still there in the system, and a dev can link together Username #1234 and Username #5678 or manually transfer details over.  The fact that your username stayed the same should also help them identify your old account.

Email support seems to be a 9-5-ish job, Pacific time; your request has only been in the queue one business day so far.  You should hear back from them soonish.

Sorry again that the community doesn't have any tricks up their sleeve to assist you in the meantime.  Things appear to be busy at Obsidian as they prep for the coming steam release of Pathfinder.

• Like 1

Well, on the one hand, it's frustrating (on a general level) to not be able to do anything about the issue myself.  On the other, at least it looks like it's a known issue and should be a (relatively) easy fix for them.  Thanks for the info.

• Like 2

While I'm thinking about the topic; is anyone familiar enough with this issue to tell me whether or not it will complicate the account recovery process if I play the game at all in the meantime, until support can get to me?

ETA:  Well, it's a moot question at this point; support's gotten back to me and the problem has been corrected.  It was a much quicker fix than I expected; rather impressed with the quick response.

Edited by SkeevePlowse
  • Like 2