What if... we didn't sell the baby Laugerfath?

This is inspired by Eder's 'No, don't! Please!' reaction to selling the baby critter.

I was thinking, what if we didn't sell the baby laguerfath pet to the guy who asked for the quest (or sold it to another merchant sometime else). It would be neat if we kept the little guy and in PoE2, it would be five years older and bigger. We'd have a young Laugerfath running around our party. Probably wouldn't contribute to much as it'd still be young.

Could apply to other pets that we have our main character have.

This is inspired by Eder's 'No, don't! Please!' reaction to selling the baby critter.

I was thinking, what if we didn't sell the baby laguerfath pet to the guy who asked for the quest (or sold it to another merchant sometime else). It would be neat if we kept the little guy and in PoE2, it would be five years older and bigger. We'd have a young Laugerfath running around our party. Probably wouldn't contribute to much as it'd still be young.

Could apply to other pets that we have our main character have.

Except for the wyrmling. Five years makes no difference to a dragon.

• Like 1

Well, there's the slacker backer pledge for $2000 that'll let you choose from "almost any" creature in the game and have obsidian create a pet based on it; if you've got the money to spare, maybe they can scale down a lagufaeth a bit to make your wish come time (assuming there will be any in Deadfire).

Didn't the slacker backer pledge end already?

I think it's still possible to pledge, it just won't count towards the stretch goals anymore.

And no, I'm not paying that much JUST for a theoretical young laugerfath pet.

Yeah, I thought about robbing a bank to fund the pet wicht I've always wanted, but I figured that wouldn't end too well.

• Like 1

Lagufaeth crew member for the ship please!

Yeah, I thought about robbing a bank to fund the pet wicht I've always wanted, but I figured that wouldn't end too well.

... in reality because of the whole robbing a bank thing, or lore-wise because savage killer child?

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Lagufaeth crew member for the ship please!

... in reality because of the whole robbing a bank thing, or lore-wise because savage killer child?

The only possible answer is "yes".

• Like 2

In reality it began to dawn on me that painting my watergun black wasn't going to fool anyone and trying to fill it with acid was probably going to hurt me more than it hurt anyone else.

Lore-wise? Savage killer is par for the course. The white wyrmling and baby bog bat are similarly likely to rip someone's throat out in their sleep (if they wait that long) and fear of a lingering personal threat hadn't kept my Watcher from holding on to Concelhaut's animated skull, which retains enough of the formerly murderous archmage's essence to become  him for a limited period of time every day.

It was more a matter of considering party morale and keeping faction relations smooth: they (party members and faction-based allies alike) had been remarkably understanding about some of the hazardous critters I'd been collecting, but keeping a quasi undead man-eating child shaped horror as a pet is arguably more distressing than wearing robes stitched together from animated, still-bleeding human skin (for example). Both look and smell horrible, and both raise disturbing questions about how the Watcher came across them and why he keeps them in the first place, but the wicht compounds that even further by causing one to wonder how the Watcher keeps it fed and "happy" enough to follow him around and not nip at his heels or worse while doing so. Especially for party members, who aren't guaranteed to face a continual supply of xuarips and bandits with which to tide the fanged tyke over in their place, it occurred to me that these aren't questions that I want them to be asking.

Edited by blotter

Especially for party members, who aren't guaranteed to face a continual supply of xuarips and bandits with which to tide the fanged tyke over in their place, it occurred to me that these aren't questions that I want them to be asking.

See, that's why I recommend you keep one party space open for a merc. If they start asking questions, you feed them to something dangerous and hire another merc. The other party members have been around long enough to see this repeatedly, and are smart enough to keep quiet.

See, that's why I recommend you keep one party space open for a merc. If they start asking questions, you feed them to something dangerous and hire another merc. The other party members have been around long enough to see this repeatedly, and are smart enough to keep quiet.

Well, it limits me to two three companions instead of three four, but it could work. One of the reasons that I'm happy about sidekicks is that Ydwin and Bonteru give off enough of an amoral scholar vibe that I might be able to fit them into the group, thereby preserving some banter/interaction rather than limiting myself to the haunted silence of my merc gofers.

Then again, maybe they'll introduce some sort of Cruel or Aggressive disposition-based demonstrative violence talent to keep fussy companions in line (or let you leverage skills to that effect; if memory serves, there are Deception, Persuasion, and Intimidation skills that they're planning to include).

Edited by blotter
  • Like 1