Any word on these? I did not like the arbitrary grouping of weapons in weapon focus talents. If you wanted a greatsword Fighter, the system would heavily push you into using Arbalest / Arquebus for ranged weapon because they are in the same group. I would rather have that focus in heavy blades, or 2-handed blades instead of getting some very random weapons in the same category.

The groups didn't make much sense either. "Adventurers" wouldn't focus in cumbersome weapons like Pollaxe that's more a weapon of a guard or pikeman type soldier. "War Bow" is in the adventurer category instead of Soldier for whatever reason. Knights and Soldiers pretty much have weapons in their respective categories that should be in both.

I hope the weapon focus categories will receive an overhaul.

This has been addressed. Any one can use any weapon, but having weapon proficiencies (like focus) will allow you to use them in unique ways (i.e. Weapon Focus: War Bow unlocks Penetrating Shot as a modal for a character using a War Bow, etc)

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Are profs their own thing or do they use talents?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

From the sound of things they are still talents

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I'd like them to do kinda like Fencing Schools, where you learned particular 'styles' and techniques, with maybe needing to sign up to a school to learn them and having rival schools that would beat each other up in the street.  Fencing Schools by the way do not focus just on rapiers, you had ones for Longsword fighting, pollaxing people etc and many actually taught a collection of weapons so that you always knew how to handle an appropriate weapon for the situation (kinda like the focus groups I felt were going for).

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams