Dear Leferd, I have good news for you!

Valsuelm

There was no draft when Johnson was of an age to be drafted. He was in his 30's when WWII started.

You are mistaken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Training_and_Service_Act_of_1940

... and some will still say that the U.S. was a peace loving nation who only got into WW2 because it was attacked unprovoked by the Japanese Empire, and that the attack was even a surprise.

"Oh the stuff they teach people in schools! Or is it the stuff they don't teach people in schools? Either way... Ha! Ha! Ha!!! Ha!!!!" - :fdevil:

Also, Johnson was in the military.

I didn't know the cutoff was 40 in those days. Johnson would have been 32 in 1940 so he would have been on the hook. But it was moot because you are also correct he was in the USNR. So, I stand corrected... twice. That's what happens when you go off memory rather than looking things up. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There was no draft when Johnson was of an age to be drafted. He was in his 30's when WWII started.

You are mistaken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Training_and_Service_Act_of_1940

... and some will still say that the U.S. was a peace loving nation who only got into WW2 because it was attacked unprovoked by the Japanese Empire, and that the attack was even a surprise.

"Oh the stuff they teach people in schools! Or is it the stuff they don't teach people in schools? Either way... Ha! Ha! Ha!!! Ha!!!!" - :fdevil:

Also, Johnson was in the military.

I didn't know the cutoff was 40 in those days. Johnson would have been 32 in 1940 so he would have been on the hook. But it was moot because you are also correct he was in the USNR. So, I stand corrected... twice. That's what happens when you go off memory rather than looking things up.

The correct response is to double down and call your opponents names while insinuating dishonesty or something embarrassing.
  • Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands