Framerate issues on weak PC/Notebook

Lord Iskariot

Question

Hello Folks,

ive a problem with Pillars of Eternity. It is not playing smoothly anymore. I was playing it one year before, with not any big performance problems. (actually i bought this thinkpad cauz it should be able to handle pillars). No, with low settings,the game stops or works slowly after a while (framrate?)

i read some topics and found out about "msaa 0", and it works a bit better, but it issent like one year ago and i have to tip it again in every sector. Then i read about IE Mod, but i dont how it works for my problem.

Is there any patch, mod, command or program for making Pillary smoothly playable again?

Should Vsync disabled? what about max. framerate? is 30fps ok?

Version of Pillars: 3.04.....

my pc-characteristics:

Thinkpad w500

Win 7 Professionel 64 bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 2x 2,8 Ghz

Memory 4GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650, 512 MB

Pleas help me, i love this game but iam poor and cant buy a new hardware!

1 answer to this question

One problem is that the longer you play the game (meaning, the more stuff you explore and the more items you collect) the slower it gets. Also the loading times and the time it takes to do quicksaves will increase.

Especially the unlimited stash can slow down your performance a lot if it's packed with items - especially if you use the sorting/filtering functions. If you have a stash that's full of stuff: try to save and then sell all the items you don't need. See if this improves the performance.

Besides that: I have a laptop with 16GB RAM, a i7 and a dedicated Nvidia graphics card on top of my onboard HD chip (hybrid shickeymickey stuff) and I have to play on the lowest settings. If willow whisps or certain blights enter the scene: total fps meltdown. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods