Rumblings about AI, PvP, character transition etc.

Hello everyone!

I would like to share my thoughts and to read other opinions on several topics:

1) Player AI scripting system.

For some reason people like to simplify everything, including AI settings, but that's not always good.

Hopefully PoE 2 has passed 2kk USD and we have a chance to get masterpiece AI.

It's so intriguing what kind of player AI scripting will we get in PoE 2, cause I don't like PoE 1 AI script system at all, but it's still better than no AI.

For me the best, fascinating and almost ideal AI scheme is implemented in - Dragon Age: Origins.

It's so awesome when you can customize any skill usage upon any situation (target evaluation, hp %, etc.)

Also, besides player AI scripting it's very important, it would be great if there will be no things like kiting or spreading up the mob group like in PoE 1

2) I would really appreciate some kind of interaction with other players co-op (like in Baldur's Gate / Neverwinter) or specific arena mode or something like that for PvP (like in Dungeon and Dragons Online)

3) I've had some blurry answers from Josh Sawyer via twitch / youtube about character transaction from first part to second, but many things are still unclear.

Like what's up with char. reputations and talents like

Gift from the machine, The merciless hand / Second Skin, blood pool sacrifice bonuses.

As I understand PoE 2 will be in Deadfire archipelago and all PoE 1 encounters were in Dyrwood, but where is it? Probably far far away in Eora...

102289668.jpg

How choices we made in PoE 1 will affect PoE 2... cause there are so many of them!!!

For me the iconic transaction was BG1 to BG2, with Drizzt Do'Urden and Elminster, a few but so awesome. 

Something like possessed Falanroed... for instance!

And it's really interesting with blood pool sacrifice, I mean they talk a lot about Eder and Aloth... :)

What do you think lads?

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

• 9 months later...

Heh, so much water has flowed since I've made this thread :)

But an actual question remains:

Will we get talents transferred from PoE I such as

Gift from the machine, The merciless hand / Second Skin, Watcher's knowledge, blood pool sacrifice bonuses.

Since we have multi classes and sub classes...

Will there be a choice to change profession or should I start over? :)

So many questions...

Edited by Nail

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

I have no interest in PVP or any online in this game. Sorry if that offends you.

That question was almost one year old :)

For now I care only for the traits from the first game.

I have some doubts that we will get those, cause they are pretty powerful and for sure,

someone who never played PoE I will create new character and it will be awkward just to choose from these perks.

I guess there will be something like your soul was drained off every boon you had in PoE I...

Probably some story driven choices will remain like:

Adra dragon, Leorik, Defiance Bay fraction, baby Vela, etc.

Edited by Nail

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

I really doubt it. Maybe it will be mentioned in your character sheet but it probably won't affect anything.

Allegedly, there was a portrait of this baby Orlan in the game.... I saw a post of that but I'm not sure if they were joking.

nowt

Will we get talents transferred from PoE I such as

Gift from the machine, The merciless hand / Second Skin, Watcher's knowledge, blood pool sacrifice bonuses.

Since we have multi classes and sub classes...

Will there be a choice to change profession or should I start over? 

According to Josh, they are hoping to keep those talents on in some form, possibly something you gain overtime as your soul heals from your initial encounter with Eothas.

Also, you redo character creation in PoE2, so you can change profession, or class, or race or gender if you want to.