[Class Build] Dual melee cipher "Sulfur Rogue-like"

Ok, I will DEFINITELY edit and detail this up so it's cool if it gets buried till then but for my own reference here goes the starting of "Sulf"

It's sad that the Cape of Cheat doesn't give +deflect cause if it did this build might be much more viable but here goes.

Fire Godlike Cipher. Not mid maxed, more balanced.

Old Vailia _ Laborer (Was a smith but jealousy from his master because of his god given talent's ruined his career, so he traveled to the vale).

Might 15 (we need a somewhat decent might for damage purposes but in the end he will be very melee heavy so this+ soul and biting whip is fine)

Con 10 (Push this to at least 12 with gear, possibly enhanced armor)

Dex 17 (we need to attack speed)

Per 12 (honestly I find it hard to play anything with terrible accuracy or accuracy that doesn't come till late game with gear etc)

Int 14 (we're not a pure caster so we don't need the huge aoe or duration but some is ok)

Res 10 (cause I dislike dumping stats)

Some talents of note

1st Ruffian cause were using a pistol for an opener, and a Sabre and stiletto, how perfect is that?

Biting whip for the base damage

Two weapon style for the speed

baby barbarian rage

Baby Warrior recovery (sorry, will edit names when my brain kicks in)

Some Cipher Powers of note:

Eyestrike and Soulshock early, whispers of treason asap but not immediately

Psychovampiric Shield and Amplified thrust asap, Mind blades and mental binding later

Puppet Master asap, ectoplasmic Echo right after (this power works so well with the Cape of cheat that gives you the escape power, open with a gunshot or two, place an ally in a good spot, psychovampiric shield, escape into position to be on either sides of an enemy with your ally or ranger pet and echo him + 2x melee him to death. Very fun

Ok guys, I know this build ios mega imcomplete but stylistically speaking I love it so I had to write it down. Will add more asap. 

Sidenote, will probably take the + fire damage talent, fire lashes, and Soul Ignition later. We shall see. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to reading your reports. :)

Small addition: since Soul Ignition is a DoT power, it doesn't get affected by Scion of Flame. It's still good for burn lashes and Battle-Forged.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Cleansing Flames (Priest Level 6)

damage per tick is apparently 30 * ( 1 + mightmod) - TargetBurnDR * 0.25 ..

It does speed up DOT effects (tested with Deep Wounds DOT and own DOT) .. 

It does NOT benefit at all from scion of the flame (BUG REPORT) ..

It does scale duration (thus number of damage ticks,  thus damage inflicted) with hit quality  and Intellect mod .

Combusting Wounds (tested of ring)

damage per activation is 5 * (1 + might_mod) - TargetBurnDR * 0.25

It does NOT benefit at all from scion of the flame (BUG REPORT) ..

my memory betrays me :)

WPNTVf7.jpg

Psychovampiric Shield can be cast outside of combat on yourself or another party member for a pre-combat deflection boost (focus is instantly regained). Though, because you lose resolve, it works best to cast it on a 3 resolve character since you can't go under 1, effectively providing +25 deflection for only the cost of 2 resolve. Alternatively you can cast it on a back row companion who doesn't really need resolve.

Edited by Braven

I'm looking forward to reading your reports. :)

Small addition: since Soul Ignition is a DoT power, it doesn't get affected by Scion of Flame. It's still good for burn lashes and Battle-Forged.

Well, albeit I was overprepared with scrolls and all the foodbuffs from GV, I forgot to use the scrolls and one shot Raedrics keep with everyone at 95% hp when done. Lvl 4-5, My Cipher, your monk, Durance, Kana, Aloth and Eder. I haven't ever had such a clean fight. Can't beleive how much work I put into it and I forgot to use the protection and defense scrolls. I really like the combo of pschovampiric and whispers. 

Assuming that your cipher is the MC, you can pick up Flick of the Wrist from the minigame for an extra +4 acc to daggers and stilletos.

I tried a dual wield sabre/stilletos cipher during WM1 content release and it was quite fun. My main issue back then was difficulty in focus generation during signature fights. But that was when skills like Defensive Mindweb was not yet available so your mileage might vary.

Currently doing a playthrough with a Cipher wielding Tidefall and I must say I am quite happy with the character. 2H weapon style + Improved biting and draining whip + Apprentice sneak attack is really doing work for me.

Edited by mosspit