Location Powers?

Acroyear16

Question

OK, here's another thing I've run into several times and I'm just not clear on WHEN these things are supposed to happen or be available -

I know some of them specifically STATE when (i.e. "At the END of your turn, or upon closing")

There are times when I cannot use the Location Power b/c I am interrupted by another prompt -

Let's take the location that is supposed to let you draw a card after playing a card with the Arcane trait: (Sorry, I don't recall the actual name, maybe Thessalonian Dungeon?)

Seoni casts Haste to explore again, I get prompted to recharge the spell, and the new exploration reveals a monster and I am automatically thrown into that combat rather than being able to pull a new card!

That's just an example, I've had other problems with Ezren as well, and it can happen on other character's turns when casting a Toxic or Incendiary Cloud - I can't shift back to the caster to draw a card sometimes...

Another one I find annoying is at the Cathedral (again, not certain of actual name) where you have to banish either a blessing or Father Zantus.

Location Power if you defeat a monster you may draw a blessing from your discard to your hand.

Let's say I have a Blessing of the Gods in my discard pile, but none in my hand.

I move to the location and my first exploration reveals the Henchman.

I defeat the Henchman (which counts as a monster) and rather than being able to activate the Location Power and draw the blessing from my discard pile to my hand (thereby being able to banish it and close the location) I am immediately prompted to close the location, but the "Yes" option is grayed out b/c I do not have the required card in my hand.

It won't let me activate the location power, so my only choice is "No", after which I NOW can activate the power and draw the blessing to my hand...

And now I have to plow through 9 more cards to permanently close this location!

3 answers to this question

Another one I find annoying is at the Cathedral (again, not certain of actual name) where you have to banish either a blessing or Father Zantus.

Location Power if you defeat a monster you may draw a blessing from your discard to your hand.

Let's say I have a Blessing of the Gods in my discard pile, but none in my hand.

I move to the location and my first exploration reveals the Henchman.

I defeat the Henchman (which counts as a monster) and rather than being able to activate the Location Power and draw the blessing from my discard pile to my hand (thereby being able to banish it and close the location) I am immediately prompted to close the location, but the "Yes" option is grayed out b/c I do not have the required card in my hand.

It won't let me activate the location power, so my only choice is "No", after which I NOW can activate the power and draw the blessing to my hand...

And now I have to plow through 9 more cards to permanently close this location!

Yeah, this used to bug the crap out of me too, but then I realized -in a sense- it's working exactly right.

See, the Henchmen say that you may *immediately* attempt to close the location. I realize this may seem like just an extra word, especially in the app, but the point is - you can't play cards and use powers between defeating the Hencman and attempting to close. So basically, the location power (draw a blessing) is on stand-by, and you have to immediately deal with the closing condition first. (However, if close successfully - you don't have access to the At This Location power anymore, so you want draw that blessing anyway)

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

There are times when I cannot use the Location Power b/c I am interrupted by another prompt -

Let's take the location that is supposed to let you draw a card after playing a card with the Arcane trait: (Sorry, I don't recall the actual name, maybe Thessalonian Dungeon?)

Seoni casts Haste to explore again, I get prompted to recharge the spell, and the new exploration reveals a monster and I am automatically thrown into that combat rather than being able to pull a new card!

That's just an example, I've had other problems with Ezren as well, and it can happen on other character's turns when casting a Toxic or Incendiary Cloud - I can't shift back to the caster to draw a card sometimes...

I feel ya, this has been annoying. The new update "sometimes" gives you the option to do optional effects before proceeding to the next mandatory event but it doesn't happen all the time. There is a temporary fix and is that during the animation being played after you pick a choice of whether to recharge or discard, just tap on the button to draw a card. But you must do it during the animation or your chance is either forfeited or delayed.