Anti Aliasing on AMD

roy7

Question

I just got the game this week, and was surprised how blurry the game looked when I started playing. I figured out eventually I had to move the graphics quality slider all the way to the left, then the game looked sharp like I expected. That led me to search around what the story was, and apparently anti aliasing is on by default in the game (unless slider is to the far left) but doesn't work right on AMD video cards, per the threads about this going back to April 2015.

Thankfully the slider was added in a patch so I don't need to type MSAA 0 into the console every time I load a map, but has anyone found a way to get anti aliasing to work properly in PoE on AMD video cards? I tried a few different settings in the video driver settings without luck, everything I tested looked terrible.

Or should I accept anti aliasing in PoE will never work on AMD and not worry about it any longer?

Side note: Since Tyranny uses the same engine for the most part, I hope it doesn't end up having this same problem... I like cranking my visual quality options up to maximum.

1 answer to this question

I tried a few different settings in the video driver settings without luck, everything I tested looked terrible.

Or should I accept anti aliasing in PoE will never work on AMD and not worry about it any longer?

Side note: Since Tyranny uses the same engine for the most part, I hope it doesn't end up having this same problem... I like cranking my visual quality options up to maximum.

Can you try to set it to "controlled by the application" in the game profile? Not sure how to call that option for AMD cards.

I've come to burn your kingdom down