For example it prolonged the dtun time of stunning shots. That alone is a good reason.

Apart from that is handy if you use scrolls for eample

Thanks Dr.. but as of the 4th level, I've never used any scrolls, nor have I stunned anyone... I go for damage... good ol' crossbow and and a very pissed bear ;)

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I totally love my ranger. I've started again addressing all Issues I found in 1st playthrough until level 4. Hope I got some more knowledge now, and know where to allocate points for example...hehe. Just out of curiosity though... is there any other class which is so "play intensive", requires no micromgmt and is good even outside of combat? I find the ranger very satisfying but I'm just curious as it seems to me, EVERY other class I played before just requires some compromise... either range or melee... either social or combat... With the ranger I've done it all... I'm ranged but melee with the pet. I'm good in combat but also socially... And all this thanks to Boeroer who suggested the dwarven ranger to me... I thought it was boring... haha 

• Like 1

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

You're welcome. I also suggested a moose. ;)

A chanter can be as you described. He can be ranged or melee, with stats that suit both dialogue and combat and low micromanagement. And he can summon "pets", too. Most would build them tanky and do damage with summons, chants and/or invocations. But it still is a very different experience compared to a ranger.

The animal companion of a ranger is really handy. One of the best things is that is has no health pool. As long as there's enough healing it can tank forever, trigger traps or used as bait or distraction without having to rest afterwards because of low health.

A nice trick for later: if your animal companion is build in a way that it reliably kills enemies, you can use the priest's spell "Triumph of the Crusaders" to heal it completely every time it kills an enemy.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You're welcome. I also suggested a moose. ;)

A chanter can be as you described. 

Well... I ended up choosing a boar, and for now, I'm quite satisfied. It's also sturdy and stubborn...almost as a dwarf. :)

As for the chanter... isn't it fun to get kana? I like him... 

Hi guys, I have a doubt. As I wrote in a previous post, I just restarted the game and changed all the things that didn't appeal to me in the first run. But the strange thing is... I seem to keep missing my targets much more than before! So the things I changed are: Ability scores as follows: 15-10-15-16-15-7.

Then... took boar instead of bear (just changed a letter...haha). All the rest is unchanged, i'm still from old vailia, hunter bg... don't understand what's happening.. who can enlighten me?

Per is still 16, just as before.. You're making me wonder if I did a mountain dwarf, but the problem was against humans... not against beasts... bad luck you say?

Yes - or using a different tactic without knowing. For example if you flank a lot before (using a cmpanion and the pet to sandwich an enemy) and now you don't it will make a huge difference at the beginning of the game. Or if you used Blinding Strike before with a rogue and now you don't - things like that.

Boeroer, I don't think I'm using different tactics... this sensation just started at the very beginning, in the camp. Wolf died quickly, the two bandits that killed sparfel just got rid of me in a blink, since i never hit the target... who knows...

Hm. Have a look at the character sheet and hover over your ACC value. A tooltip will pop up. What numbers are shown? It should start with 30 base ACC from ranger, then +x from level and so on.

Edited by Boeroer