[Bug] Cipher's "Pain Link" causes infinite damage

Ancientfire

Question

In the quest "Whispers in the Dark" of WM2, during the final battle with the Radiant Spore and its families, I came cross this pleasant bug.

Basically, I just put "Pain Link" on my melee characters, and then suddenly those surrounding foes died. It happened twice. Each time it killed 4 spores, and the second time even included the Radiant Spore! And in the combat logs, it said that Grieving Mother's "Pain Link" had caused "Infinity" damage to the 4 enemies respectively.

Unfortunately I lost my screenshot (I made the screenshot but I didn't know it's in the clipboard and I need to paste it in Windows 7).

Anyway, it seems to be a lovely bug (never happended before with other weaker enimies) and I just had my easiest boss battle :)

8 answers to this question

Ryona's Breastplate has it (that's what causing it in AncientFire's game). And of course you can just go with a Fighter. By the way, do you mean building around the Pain Link bug specifically, or the instant healing? Should be a fairly short-lived build though, can't imagine they won't fix it in 3.04. They probably inadvertently fixed it already, actually.

Thread moved to Tech Support.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ryona's Breastplate has it (that's what causing it in AncientFire's game). And of course you can just go with a Fighter. By the way, do you mean building around the Pain Link bug specifically, or the instant healing? Should be a fairly short-lived build though, can't imagine they won't fix it in 3.04. They probably inadvertently fixed it already, actually.

Just a joke. I will not... or will I? ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods