NBA Playoffs!

Arkan

Silence of Spurs fans = priceless.

I loved the fact that Fisher was practically out of the stadium by the time anyone reacted.

50797131SD006_Lakers_Spurs051323_lower.jpg

Not a Laker in sight. :p

I love the fact that every one of the Spurs has their hands at their hips with the expression of "WTF?" on their faces. :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

No, I was not. Gee, I wonder what's coming next.

You were cheering for the empire in SW, wern't you? :)

At least tell me your not a Yankees fan

Good god, no! :blink:

I hate the Yankees with every fiber of my heart.

So you like Zelda, hate the Yankees, where did it all go horribly horribly wrong?

What happened to the good times? When Kobe cried a whole bunch and wasn't, to quote the AP: "At best, Bryant is an arrogant boor; at worst a callous rapist"?

kobe_bryant_crying_bb.jpg

actually, heres that interesting little perspective on Kobe:

Kobe

No, I was not. Gee, I wonder what's coming next.

You were cheering for the empire in SW, wern't you? :blink:

At least tell me your not a Yankees fan

Good god, no! :)

I hate the Yankees with every fiber of my heart.

So you like Zelda, hate the Yankees, where did it all go horribly horribly wrong?

What happened to the good times? When Kobe cried a whole bunch and wasn't, to quote the AP: "At best, Bryant is an arrogant boor; at worst a callous rapist"?

kobe_bryant_crying_bb.jpg

actually, heres that interesting little perspective on Kobe:

Kobe

Hmm...I'm not exactly sure what you're going for, here.

I don't particularly like Zelda. I've never played through any of the games. I chose this picture because of a character idea.

I've liked Kobe ever since he entered the NBA, and just because some girl said he did something doesn't make me think less of him. The fact that he did commit adultry did somewhat change my perspective, but people, even sportstars, can be forgiven. If he's found guilty...who knows?

I've never considered Kobe anything more than he is. A great basketball player who happens to play for the team I like. I can tell you why I like the Lakers, if you insist.

And that sports writer sounds like a disgruntled Spurs fan, to me.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Thats why I like him! But he makes a few very good points in regard to people calling Kobe a hero.

Thankfully, I've never heard someone call Kobe a hero.

Thats why I like him! But he makes a few very good points in regard to people calling Kobe a hero.

I mean, to even begin comparing the guy to stalone is madness...

tip off is in 35 minutes! Ready to lose punk!

(even I don't really believe that)

I mean, to even begin comparing the guy to stalone is madness...

tip off is in 35 minutes! Ready to lose punk!

(even I don't really believe that)

Who knows? The T-wolves may suprise the Lakers in Game 1. ;)

eh, they are home court, but did you see how drained they were after game 7. I'm sure their still sore.

anything is possible, and besides for Shaq, they match up well. They have 2 solid and decently big centers tho

eh, they are home court, but did you see how drained they were after game 7. I'm sure their still sore.

anything is possible, and besides for Shaq, they match up well. They have 2 solid and decently big centers tho

I'm going to have to disagree there, about the Shaq bit ;)

I'm going to have to disagree there, about the Shaq bit ;)

hassles a great defender, I think between him and wally, they can contain kobe. Maybe they will try Sprewell on him, not sure.

Then you have KG on Malone

Cassell on payton

Shaq is the problem. Unless the Wolves have a Yao Ping on the bench they conviently forgot about

I just hope Gary Paton keeps trying ot drive on Cassel all night! :)

8 to 6, just run out the clock now! :)

;)

see the little things piss me off most about the lakers, like how Fisher needs to lay on the ground for 5 minutes everytime a flop doesn't get called his way.

That, and he makes big 3s ;)

see the little things piss me off most about the lakers, like how Fisher needs to lay on the ground for 5 minutes everytime a flop doesn't get called his way.

That, and he makes big 3s ;)

He should have made a few more. :)

He will/has ;)

^Haha!

I didnt know Shaq was a math major, hehehe

Detroit didn't play a perfect game, and Sheed was limping all over. Still, they beat Indiana in Indiana. The Pacers hadn't lost at home in the playoffs this year. I say that's a huge advantage for Detroit.

However, it's really pointless. Each year the East beats up on each other in the playoffs. Some team limps into the finals with the West, and is totally out-matched.

If the Lakers make it to the Finals, neither Indiana nor Detroit have the personnel for the match-ups. If Garnet somehow wills the 'Wolves past LA, it's another story. Garnet can be roughed up, and Detroit would do just that. I think Detroit could take down Garnet and Co.

Can you imagine the East winning a title?

Only if the Wolves win :)