v3.02.10008 WM2

post-156248-0-98058600-1464454067_thumb.pngpost-156248-0-92760400-1464454073.png

Paladin "Darcozzi Backward Observer?"

Darcozzi

Wood Elf

Old Valia

Colonist

MIG 15

DEX 19

CON 3

INT 19

PER 19

RES 3

TALENTS

marksmen

crit aura (+5%)

inspiring liberation

weapon focus warbow/wand

outlander's frenzy

scion of lame

apprentice sneak attack

intense flames

ABILITIES

flame of devotion

accuracy aura

liberating exhortation

coordinating attacks

inspiring triumph (with bow very easy to pick off near death target)

sworn enemy

sacred immolation (party now has 4 passive healing auras! )

abjuration (delete a spirit from an encounter)

SKILLS

Stealth 8 (should be able to get close enough to FOD crit open on a low deflection target in the back for confusion implosion)

Athletics 2 (+1 class)

Lore 1 (+1 class)(+2 robe)

Mechanics

Survival 10 (+2 background)

Slot Item

R Hand confusion warbow

L Hand N/A

R Hand 2 marking/jolt touch wand

L Hand 2 N/A

Armor 2 INT 2 lore robe

Head 2 PER

Neck 6acc vs beast 10% range dam or 3 DEX

Hands 5 ACC

Waist 3 MIG watchful presence

Ring 1 overseer ring

Ring 2 combusting wounds

Feet paladin aura boots

Early gear: stun warbow, vile loner lance, outworn buckler

figurine: shade

Rationale:

Haven't seen anyone else post this one yet:

Coordinating attacks with a ranged weapon let's you stand next to Cipher and boost the acc of your controller!

Higher acc compared to chanter, made more sense to have Paladin use bow for crit proc: FOD + Sworn Enemy = bow crit confuse at 12m.

+15 acc vs chosen enemy type from 10 survival, or can choose 20% flank damage vs kith (12 survival)

Also, the soulbound bp effect is better for chanter and you want your chanter close to front for blanket dragon slash.

For high defense or pierce immune fights, whip out the jolt/mark wand and your cipher has +20 acc vs anything you laser point at.

If enemy penetrates to cipher or priest, this guy can be the grenade and step in between to eat the hit - see you can still snipe with a bow and be a noble Darcozzi pally ?! 

Edited by MasterCipher
  • Like 1

Interesting. It's true you can crazily stacks accuracy buff for teamate on a paladin.

Just wondering about a "laser pointer" build focusing on Pliambo per Casitas (marking, disorienting), coordinated attack, darcozzi, maybe zealous focus... Yeah +51 accuracy for teamate, mostly stacking with priest's buff. Sounds fun.

• Like 1

Google Darcozzi FO same build except he's a party tank. Ranged works well I just can't bring myself to play a ranged paladin. I know this isn't d and d but it just sounds blasphemous!

Have gun will travel.

I think a paladin with Crossbow, Arbalest or Firearms could easily fit the holy witchhunter cliche, with all the protection against magic stuff, FoD and Sworn ennemy.

By the way, if I understand well, marking and coordinated attack only works if your closest ally targets the same target as you. If he targets something else, it becomes useless. That's why it seems easier to achieve with ranged characters ^^

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

I think a paladin with Crossbow, Arbalest or Firearms could easily fit the holy witchhunter cliche, with all the protection against magic stuff, FoD and Sworn ennemy.

True my friend and to be honest my "tank" version lacks offensive oomph a heavy ranged weapon would really make up for it so this version is likely better. Granted my build fills a tank role so if you went ranged you'd have to fill a front line spot. It's just different not better or worse really.

I only bring two support guys one of which is usually a tank and the rest are heavy hitters. I don't like flirting with the dice on PoTD and ToI so I go for max offense. Both the Priest and the Darcozzi "FO" type builds support the damage dealers and Ccer this way. End the fight ASAP.

This time though I have brought a MT fighter type whose set up to tank dragons with triggered immunity and cycling vigorous defense (he's got good INT) and a priests Circle defense spell. while my Darcozz ACC support guy tanks the mobs that the damage dealers are fighting for ultra death dealing.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

By the way, if I understand well, marking and coordinated attack only works if your closest ally targets the same target as you. If he targets something else, it becomes useless. That's why it seems easier to achieve with ranged characters ^^

And ya marking is def easier for the reasons you states as ranged. On PoTD their are a crap ton of mobs so sometimes you end up tanking something that isn't priority so the marking is kind of wasted. This is why I brought a fighter with into the fray. He pulls what I'm tanking away and tanks it which leaves me free to mark for my pike rogue and DPS Eder.

This time around I'm running kind of an oddball group cause monks are too good lol and I always use them.

1. MT type fighter with into the fray, knock downs, accurate barrage and really regen and defense for dragons.

2. Melee Darcozzi FO, marker and off tank.

3. Eder DPS fighter with an Estoc and Poleaxe

4. Pike Rogue.

5. Aloth CC controller and super damage dealer with his magic lance

6. Durance priest support buffs.

It's fun but it's too much melee for tight areas with the AIs terrible path finding a lot of micro. Also with double fighter and paladin front liners it's an extremely sturdy front. Battlemage Aloth is also impossible to kill for about 1 minute lol.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.