Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VR Gaming (Rift, Vive, etc)

virtual reality oculus rift

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Zenbane

Zenbane

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 444 posts

Howdy! Has anyone been able to partake in the new revolution of gaming in VR? I've had some amazing and unparalleled experiences with games like Technolust and Dreadhalls. The RPG, Chronos, isn't as epic in its journey as games like Pillars of Eternity, but it's a mighty fine preview of things to come with RPG gaming in VR.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4753 posts

Too expensive for me so far, says the man who just spent 1200 bucks on an Ipad. 

sorophx

sorophx

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3921 posts

I played a bunch of games made for Oculus Rift SDK 2, it was last year, most of those were prototypes or demos. all I can tell you is that I get severe motion sickness in games that require me to move my character around. racing or flying games I couldn't play for more than 10 minutes, I would get dizzy, get headaches almost immediately after.

I wasn't the only one with these symptoms, roughly half of the people in the office would have it the same way I did or worse, another 25 percent would take it a bit better, and only a quarter of the people trying those game would feel fine.

leads me to believe Oculus Rift and similar projects have no real future in traditional games. game designers will need to come up with new ideas specifically for this platform (like Nintendo did with Wii). otherwise it will remain a very niche product with a small share of the market. 

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4753 posts

It's supposed to be a lot better now than the early oculus SDK, but yeah one should definitely try one out before thinking about getting one. As for the mainstream breakthrough. I dunno, still waiting for the AAA VR titles. We kinda needed someone to come up with a handful of killer apps that would drive adaption. So far it hasn't happened. 

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6449 posts
Still waiting for my CV1, preordered at 41 mins after launch, and they are just starting to ship the 30 mins preorders now

space55

space55

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I like Technolust and Dreadhalls , it's very interesting . 

If you interesting in VR games , check out more information about Virtual Reality in Entertaiment - https://bit.ly/2BnK5p4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: virtual reality, oculus rift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users