"Local Heroes" reward screen freeze (makes party unnplayable)

Longshot11

Question

Pop quiz, what is the common thing in these threads:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86547-help-i%C2%B4m-stuck/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86554-stuck-at-second-mission-and-second-adventure/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86513-gamebreaking-victory-screen-bug-game-messed/

Answer: all of them identify the "foreever frozen on the Rewards screen" bug as occuring in Scenario 1-2, Local Heroes.

Yeah, it happened to me to today too (on Heroic difficulty; I previously completed the scenario on Normal with different heroes, but with the same Party profile). As between the 3 difficulties I run and upgrade all 11 heroes within the same party, I am in no way interested in deleting the party and restarting from scrach, but I think there's plenty of evidence that this issue may be local to (ha-ha) Local Heroes. So can you guys please look into it and give us a better option than deleting progress (which wouldn't even be all that bad if we had any guarantees that, you know, it won;t happen again when we get to 1-2)

Edited by Longshot11
  • Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

5 answers to this question

I was able to get around this by deleting the stuck story save and starting a new story with the freed up experienced characters.  Everything seemed to be unlocked as it was in the old save.  For Local Heroes specifically I tackled it solo with only the character that needed the completion.  That seemed to go fine and I was able to continue on with a party of three afterwards.  Though, I haven't tried replaying Local Heroes with a full evenly progressed party yet.

EDIT:  Just tried a party of 2 and no issues.

Edited by Lan_97
  • Like 2

Hey Longshot11,

This is a known issue, but we are unable to reproduce it on our end. It would be super helpful is someone one could upload a save file so we can take a look. Due to the limited data space on the forums, you will have to use Dropbox or Sendspace, etc. to send the files. Just post the link here and remember to make the file public!

How to export your save data: (Android)

Connect the Android Device to your PC.
Open Windows Explorer and open the device
Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files
Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC
Zip and send!

Thanks a bunch!

Hey Longshot11,

This is a known issue, but we are unable to reproduce it on our end. It would be super helpful is someone one could upload a save file so we can take a look. Due to the limited data space on the forums, you will have to use Dropbox or Sendspace, etc. to send the files. Just post the link here and remember to make the file public!

How to export your save data: (Android)

Connect the Android Device to your PC.
Open Windows Explorer and open the device
Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files
Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC
Zip and send!

Thanks a bunch!

I have PM'd you a link to the save game file.

Also, you know that other bug people report where the get 0 gold on Reward? Well, it happened to me when the game froze, and also 4-5 more times when I tried to enter the same party. Today, however, I entered the bugged party again and it showed me that I get 150 Gold - when I entered the Options menu however, the amount of my Gold hasn't changed (and the Chest and Coins buttons were non-responsive, if it matters).

Oddly enough, I had the game show me 0 Gold reward for other scenarios (not the one that froze) but when I got to the shop - my gold had always updated correctly. It's really strange that now I have the exact opposite bug with the bugged party...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Just ran into this myself on Local Heroes. I'm stuck on the rewards screen with no way to get the rewarded allies or continue. I can back out to the menu and continue but it goes back to the rewards screen and claims to give gold (doesn't) and leaves me staring at half my party with exclamation points (the other half already completed). This was on Heroic with Night Falls wildcard power.

Link to file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwxXji_C57yRZTNKWXlFdEdsNE0

One other thing I noticed on my playthrough is that I cleaned up all the locations but did not close the last one as I still wanted to get the fiery mace +1 from the garrison before finishing out, but when I chose not to close the last location after encountering the last card (which was also an henchmen-acting ally), the fast track button to end the turn stopped working and I had to manually pick the 4th or 5th phase to progress to the next character's turn.

I was able to get around this by deleting the stuck story save and starting a new story with the freed up experienced characters.  Everything seemed to be unlocked as it was in the old save.  For Local Heroes specifically I tackled it solo with only the character that needed the completion.  That seemed to go fine and I was able to continue on with a party of three afterwards.  Though, I haven't tried replaying Local Heroes with a full evenly progressed party yet.

EDIT:  Just tried a party of 2 and no issues.

This fixed the issue for me as well, as written in the third thread of op's post.