It would be nice if there was an undo button.

I know you can press the x to "take back" a card you've revealed or discarded or whatever but numerous times I've pressed the wrong button and skipped my turn when I wanted to do more actions. Like I wanted to discard some crappy cards I didn't want or move to a different location at the end of my turn or whatever but I mistakenly pressed the red arrow to end my turn. Would be nice if there was a way to undo that.

I completely agree with this.  I hit the x on a temporary location close because I'd forgotten it was specifically a blessing banish and I wanted to rethink it.  It took that action as my forfeiture of the temporary close, which was maddening.  The true irony is that I would have gladly banished a blessing of the gods to close the location and it was the only open one.  If only I'd had greater mental acumen, but it was not to be.  Still took out Xanesha (I think it was that one) before time ran out, but there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.  I don't mind living with actions I've taken, such as not using blessings or other optional stuff before a check.  Hell, that's the players responsibility.  Likewise with forgetting to use abilities available to the player.  That's the players fault.  However, I do think the x on a temporary close should not default to forfeiture, especially in situations with multiple methods of closure.  Now, if you decide to close by banishing a blessing and actually banish one, there's no going back from THAT.

You'd have to be careful with this, the Sentinels of the Multiverse app gives the abilty to go back a fair amount but that game has no random dice rolling. With this game, that could allow people to redo combat rolls until they win with minimal dice, etc so maybe only allowing this for non dice situations? On the other hand this isn't really a competitive game so do we actually care if someone wanted to cheat and constantly re-roll? I definitely like the idea of some amount of "undo" abilty though, as everyone accidentally clicks the wrong thing from time to time and sometimes the current red X that undoes current selections isn't enough to fix a misclick.

You'd have to be careful with this, the Sentinels of the Multiverse app gives the abilty to go back a fair amount but that game has no random dice rolling. With this game, that could allow people to redo combat rolls until they win with minimal dice, etc so maybe only allowing this for non dice situations? On the other hand this isn't really a competitive game so do we actually care if someone wanted to cheat and constantly re-roll? I definitely like the idea of some amount of "undo" abilty though, as everyone accidentally clicks the wrong thing from time to time and sometimes the current red X that undoes current selections isn't enough to fix a misclick.

I think Obsidian would care, as it would make it easier to farm gold. Any undo shouldn't allow you to undo a roll. If you accidentally selected the wrong card or something like that, that's understandable.

Actually, when true multiplayer hits, re-rolling will actually be more tantamount to cheating. Especially if they find a way to try to start integrating Pathfinder Society into the game where characters would be tracked in the community instead of locally.

I think of it like chess.  Once you roll, your finger is off the piece and it's a move.  Once you banish a card, it's banished, once you discard, you've discarded.  However, saying that you're going to temporarily close a location by banishing a card, deciding not to close the location in such a manner BEFORE you actually banish the card, and then allowing you to say to your buddies, "no, I'm not going to banish a card.  I'll take my chances rolling my wisdom" is not unreasonable nor is it cheating.  I completely agree about the cheating idea.  The idea is to simulate the card game, not allow muligans in the app where they don't exist in the rules.

• Like 1

It's already pretty darn easy to farm gold, it's just a grind. I've run Poison Pill on Legendary about 20 times now with Merisiel and Kyra and undo really wasn't needed to help with success. It would just be nice to help fix occasional misclicks. Now if they make later/harder scenarios worth more gold, then that's another story but at least through AP1 as far as I can tell, all scenarios are worth the exact same amount.

And the difference between this and chess, among other things, is that chess is a competitive game. You're not competing against anyone here so why does it really matter if someone wants to min/max their game? And I've already seen (see the thread about winning on Legendary with Lem) that even without undo, people want screenshots/videos to prove any "feats of strength" that are claimed by other players, so it's not like if someone claimed they won on Legendary while playing blindfolded that anyone's going to believe that without a video, with or without undo.

Edited by Brainwave