Not enough cards to rebuild my decks

Pomegranate72

Question

After completing a scenario, I didn't have enough of some types of cards for all my characters to rebuild their decks (due to banishing cards). I should be able to fill in with basic cards from the box, but I can't find any way to do so. And the big green arrow to continue does not do anything. So I'm apparently stuck on the deck-rebuilding screen forever. Is there something I'm missing?

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

After completing a scenario, I didn't have enough of some types of cards for all my characters to rebuild their decks (due to banishing cards). I should be able to fill in with basic cards from the box, but I can't find any way to do so. And the big green arrow to continue does not do anything. So I'm apparently stuck on the deck-rebuilding screen forever. Is there something I'm missing?

I had the same issue. I passed the tablet to my GF who got frustrated and started tapping and swiping left and righ... and suddenly the basic cards appeared! So, I can't tell you how we did it, but there is in fact some obscure command/gesture that can fix this.

However, I believe it is bug in general, as in similar situation later, when all deck lists were OK, except a missing item, there was the glowing blue arrow, and pressing it brought up the replacment Basic item to fill in. In my first situation, exactly as you say, the arrow was dull green and inactive, which shouldn't be the right behaviour.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Thanks for the report, this has been reported and we are working on it.

In general if a character has an illegal deck they will have an ! displayed above their head.

If you can't make a legal deck with the cards you have the green arrow will light up bring up a list of basic cards for you to fill in the holes.

However I've seen people drag an extra quarterstaff one character got to the bottom tray (because they didn't want it) and Valeros was a weapon short of a legal deck. In this case Valeros has to take that Quarterstaff, even if you would prefer he didn't. Or someone else would have to take it and give Valeros a different weapon.

You only get access to the basic cards if you can't make a legal deck with the cards you have and acquired.

Can you possibly grab us a screenshot of the screen where you are stuck? Ideally after you have made a legal deck but the game will not let you continue. Thanks!

I don't know how to get screen shots on my tablet, how do you?

Also I've rebooted my tablet and I'm now stuck on a different screen... Now when I start the game and hit the continue button, or the story button, I get a screen with a banner titled New Party, that says "Build a new party!" followed by a bunch of gibberish. There are various things to click on the screen, but the only one that does anything is the Back button (which goes back to the main menu as expected.)

I'm using a Nexus 7 tablet with Android 6.0.1.

You only get access to the basic cards if you can't make a legal deck with the cards you have and acquired.

Yes, I am aware of this. I did not have enough items and armors to rebuild my decks, due to banishing them. I made the decks as legal as I was otherwise able to, but the green button appeared to be disabled, and did nothing when I clicked on it.

I did check everything several times to make sure there was nothing else wrong.

I don't know how to get screen shots on my tablet, how do you?

I'm using a Nexus 7 tablet with Android 6.0.1.

I don't have the Nexus 7 specifically, but usually stock Android takes a screenshot if you press Volume Down and the Power button at the same time.  Hold for a second or two, and it should flash the screen and save as a picture file.