Will This Game Suck?

For all those of you who thinks Star Wars KOTOR2 will be good think again because all of the past games that black isle have worked on in the past were mostly overrated and were not as fun as people thought they were.

There will be no change in Obsidian's habit of making bad games and there is no reason to think why they will change now because after all they haven't proven anything to us yet so don't get your hopes up.

But this is just conjecture and if you have any arguments to present to show that Obsidian will make Star Wars KOTOR2 live up to the premise of Bioware's KOTOR I would like to hear your arguments and discussion.

Come now, Visceris, I am sure you have KotOR2 pre-ordered. Even if you had to sell some of your old PSX games to get the money to reserve it.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I disagree with that the past games of Black Isle were overrated. I think that they were rather underrated (with the exception of Throne of Bhaal perhaps). It's just a matter of taste.

Then on the other hand, are you open for good critics and willing to accept good arguments offered. What is in your opinion a good game?

Note that I haven't played KotoR as well, and can't comment on that.

Considering the fact that I am paid to write for my writing and you are not I don't think you have any right to say things like that to me Spazmo because honestly that is very rude and I have never been rude to you. I don't understand what the soruce of this enmity is and I would like to hear back from you if you are willing to act civil and not spark an argument about my writing.

What I consider to be a good game... hmm, I would say Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 because they were obviously very good games and I have yet to see anything coming close to being as good as them. Bioware really dissapointed me with Neverwinter Nights and although it regained its name in my opinion with KOTOR it was still never as good as the two Baldur's Gate games which I would rate around 95%. Icewind Dale and the sequel were never as good and I have always pointed out to Sawyer that I didn't think his games were good but he could never accept criticism.

I am not trying to be rude but I am trying to criticize Feargus before he repeats his mistakes with this game and I doubt he will listen to me even though I know about these things now much more than I ever did before. *shrug*

f*** you in the eye with an ear of corn, Visceris. You're the sorriest excuse for a writer I've ever had the intense displeasure of reading. The mere idea that you get paid for the crap you spew on Ebdis makes me sick to my stomach. Why don't you go ahead and announce you'll stop playing any more games ever so we can all have a good laugh at your pathetic, illiterate, rejected-from-the-navy-because-you-were-too-f***ing-fat ass.

Now, Spazmo... don't give him such a hard time. Everyone has to earn a living one way or the other. I consider his reviews irrelevant, but I'm sure there's a lot of kids out there who went and bought NWN and its expansions because Visceris gave them high marks.

He does need to work on his English, though. A lot.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Looks like that swearing filter needs some tweaking....

EDIT: I don't think KOTOR was anything special, it's achievement was feeling 'star warsy' in places, but I wasn't that impressed when I played it. There are far, far better RPGs in existence, though none of them by bioware.

What swearing filter?

Now that they are working for Bioware, perhaps they should name their projects after Canadian prime ministers?

EDBIS is the site that pays me to write reviews and opinions which you can read at www.edbis.com. What is nice to note is that a community has sprung up very fast around the establishment of Obsidian Entertainment but it will only matter if they listen to us which I doubt because they never seemed to actually take our advice at the BIS forum in despite of our support for their products on the day it was around.

@ Visceris:

Never played NWN (still waiting for a combo box with discount), but I've heard both good and bad stuff about it. Regarding IWD2 I heard/read that it was meant to be a quickie for some fast bucks, since (EDIT: Torn) had some trouble whatsoever. IWD1 came out (EDIT: after) the BG1... (further text deleted due to inconsistency after the edit)...

Like you I prefer BG1/2, and don't really like the IWD2 (mostly due to the 3E rules), so little chance I'm going to like NWN (but I keep an open mind towards it).

Just hoping my pc specs can keep up with whatever Obsidian is feeding us.

Well, first of all you have to think in general. Black Isle couldn't do anything good due to Interplay's situation. So don't blame them for bad games. Because they proved they are the best in this domain ... with games like Planescape Torment, Fallout Series or Icewind Dale Series. Right? About Obsidian, I think they left because they wanted more freedom, to create nice good games :D

And if they're making Star Wars KOTOR II I am sure it will be a good game, because from what I've seen they have BIOWARE's support. About SW KOTOR I, you have to say it was awsome, I think it was the first after Planescape Torment that had an attractive story ... that gave you that feeling to play it 24h/day.

saryian.gif

"We all live under the same sky ... but none of us have the same horizon"

IWD2 was a result of TORN being cancelled (another blunder of the certain division president), not Jefferson/Van Buren troubles.

I don't think that's the real visceris. Probably someone trying to mock him again, I've never seen him THAT annoying before.

Dunno, the posting style seems to fit. Maybe he is in one of his more annoying moods?