[Bug] Ranger 13 level ability interractions

Balzaphon

Question

Yellow, i have discovered if you have persistence equipped on a ranger with twinned arrows and you use wounding shot on someone, they don't get hit by wounding shots dot they only get hit by persistences special dot effect

ac72203cb2cdde404b14b5c21dd128d5.png

nesC60m.png

Edited by Balzaphon

Currently playing on 3.0.2 steam beta

If you can control how they feel, you can control how they think.

3 answers to this question

also according to my tests wounding shot does not work at all with powder burn and i think pistols accidentally got the cone of arquebuses (pistols powder burn arc is really long and thin spread while arquebus has a wider spread with shorter length)

also you lose your inherent dr bypass from your firearm (6 for arquebus 4 for pistol) on the initial hit

62ec58cd1bf5f8e74b6527edc29bfe60.gif

f627e072e56256ca6bc3f6b3c8bfe355.gif
this is with penetrating shot ofcourse (3 extra dr is from my bracers)

Edited by Balzaphon

Hey Balzaphon,

Issue 1: With the wounding shot and persistence, thats because the damage is a lot higher than the wounding shot damage and overrides the damage. It takes the best of the two.

Issue 2: Each gun has its own width and range when using Powder Burns, as the for the DR issue with the guns, it is a known issue, however we won't be able to fix this problem.

Hope that helps! Thanks a bunch!

Issue 1: With the wounding shot and persistence, thats because the damage is a lot higher than the wounding shot damage and overrides the damage. It takes the best of the two.

a4333b7b18c0f89954825a6ae8ebe2ed.png

nvm it works properly now maybe effect missed every time i tried it last time or maybe something changed after my respec

real shame about the guns though, since wounding shot is not.. wounding or hobbling and the dr bypass is not applying does that mean other "orb effects" don't work too? (veil piercing, spellchance, disorienting etc)

that sounds really bad, i wish it was like wizard's blast talent self blind and friendly fire is already heavy enough payment