Bug: Approach to Thistletop villain skips encounter steps

Borissimo

Question

Whoo, my first closed beta bug submission! Following Sylvanta's bullets from the "how to help QA" thread:

• Is pass & play on? Is permadeath on? No and no.
  • Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode?
  • Characters in Party: Kyra and Merisiel
  • Location of each character: Kyra in Treacherous Cave, Merisiel in Goblin Fortress
  • Turn Order: Merisiel --> Kyra
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty: Approach to Thistletop (1.4), Normal
  • What card was encountered when the issue occurred? The villain Gogmurt
  • Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore? First, but I could be wrong
  • Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it? I don't remember, but the bug happened before this
  • Was the encounter a Horde? Nope!

After Merisiel bumped into Gogmurt, the game proceeded straight to the combat step, adding 1d4 to the check (per the scenario rules) and giving Merisiel the option to fight or evade. This means that several things that should have happened, did not:

1. The screen did not do that epic thing where it turns all black with fire roaring behind the villain card

2. Any dialogue/story that happens when the villain is first encountered didn't happen. What wacky thing did Merisiel quip? What hilarious song did the goblin sing? I will tragically never know. :'(

3. Kyra did not get a chance to close the Treacherous Cave, even though it was open and she should have had the chance.

Gogmurt fled into the Nettlemaze. In a later turn, Merisiel encountered him again. The Treacherous Cave was still open and Kyra was still sitting there, and the same bug occurred.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question