[bug report] Goblin Warchanter

nimoyfish

Question

Story Mode (Lini, Lem, Harsk, Mirisiel), No Pass and Play, No Permadeath

TLDR:

1) Goblin Warchanter's first wisdom check is super buggy

2) Characters no longer unlocked after data wipe (gold/adventures/chests still exist)

Goblin Warchanter has the text:

"Before the encounter, succeed at a Wisdom 8 check or you may not play spells with the attack trait or weapons"

Encountered with Lem (holding force missile). The check dropdown only shows "Combat" and doesn't say Wisdom (it should), and is using d4s, which is Lem's strength die.

After discarding force missile, the check now changes to "Wisdom" and I have Lem's d6.

I use two blessings from other party members and pass the wisdom check. Now I suddenly have 1d10 + 2d4 +2 (skill feat). I try to add one more blessing to the check and I suddenly get a "Wisdom" check and just a d6 again. Clicking different things ends up losing the image of the warchanter next, and I have immovable die that I cannot roll.

------------------------

Game basically ends up in a crashed state. I restarted the game, cleared the cache, started a new adventure, and then tried to start the original save again, and it always just caused the entire client to hang. After some more futile tries, I decide to do the drastic thing and delete the app data from android settings. After logging in again, I still have my chests, leftover gold, and the adventure paths, but I no longer have any of the characters.

Used the gold I had left to buy different characters and will be restarting with (Seoni, Valeros, Ezren, Sajan).

Apologies that I didn't get screenshots.

2 answers to this question

Story Mode (Lini, Lem, Harsk, Mirisiel), No Pass and Play, No Permadeath

TLDR:

1) Goblin Warchanter's first wisdom check is super buggy

2) Characters no longer unlocked after data wipe (gold/adventures/chests still exist)

Goblin Warchanter has the text:

"Before the encounter, succeed at a Wisdom 8 check or you may not play spells with the attack trait or weapons"

Encountered with Lem (holding force missile). The check dropdown only shows "Combat" and doesn't say Wisdom (it should), and is using d4s, which is Lem's strength die.

After discarding force missile, the check now changes to "Wisdom" and I have Lem's d6.

I use two blessings from other party members and pass the wisdom check. Now I suddenly have 1d10 + 2d4 +2 (skill feat). I try to add one more blessing to the check and I suddenly get a "Wisdom" check and just a d6 again. Clicking different things ends up losing the image of the warchanter next, and I have immovable die that I cannot roll.

------------------------

Game basically ends up in a crashed state. I restarted the game, cleared the cache, started a new adventure, and then tried to start the original save again, and it always just caused the entire client to hang. After some more futile tries, I decide to do the drastic thing and delete the app data from android settings. After logging in again, I still have my chests, leftover gold, and the adventure paths, but I no longer have any of the characters.

Used the gold I had left to buy different characters and will be restarting with (Seoni, Valeros, Ezren, Sajan).

Apologies that I didn't get screenshots.

Goblin Warchanter is... well, to put it nicely, a problem child. :)

I don't think the updated text made it to the original beta build, but we have modified it from a Before You Act check to a restriction that only comes into play if you attempt to use a card it restricts.

So, how it should play, as an example:

- Valeros encounters the Warchanter.  It's combat, because he hasn't tried to use any weapons yet.

- He reveals a weapon, and now is prompted to roll the wisdom, since the Warchanter restricts weapons and spells with attack trait.

- He fails (not his strong suit, afterall) and can't play his weapon.

- Harsk jumps into the fold to help by discarding a Crossbow from another location.  The Warchanter power correctly applies here vs Harsk - he has to roll Wisdom and pass to play his crossbow.

That part with Harsk - other characters aiding the check with restricted cards - is the main source of our problems with this card.  It's definitely not super obvious how it works, especially for any experienced players that are familiar with it being a Before You Act check.  It's weird, and something we're still trying to figure out how to communicate well, without being extremely annoying.

I've heard a few reports on Warchanter breaking the game - we're working on it!

As far as the missing characters, this is a known issue that should be resolved in the next build.  In the meantime, we've granted you gold that should cover the cost of lost characters.

• Like 1