New playthroughs

PinkRose

Question

I was surprised to find that if I want to add my newly acquired Lem to my duo of Kyra and Merisiel, I have to start completely over.

No skill ups, no new boons, just starting over.

In my home game we can add in novice characters to existing groups, they are just behind the curve.

What this means for the digital game is a lot of boring unless you buy the season pass first thing.

Every time I earn 2000 gold, and then 4000, I add a new character and start over.

It seems the best plan is to redo Brigandoom! over and over until I've acquired all characters that I want to actually play with.

And if Kyra and Merisiel aren't in my preferred group, that's two more characters I have to earn.

Even with the season pass, I assume if you want to change characters at any time, you'll have to start completely over.

Not sure this is a problem, just an observation.

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

And I just found out that once you pick new people, you have to unlock everything again. Even the difficulty levels. So to get the 6 people I want, assuming they are all basic characters, you have to play through with 2 characters, all 3 scenarios, all 3 difficulties. Then 3 characters, all 3 scenarios, all 3 difficulties. Then 4, then 5, then 6.

So that's 45 play throughs using just the basic scenarios so you can get your party of 6 on to Burnt Offering.

Does that sound right?

I was surprised to find that if I want to add my newly acquired Lem to my duo of Kyra and Merisiel, I have to start completely over.

In my home game we can add in novice characters to existing groups, they are just behind the curve.

What this means for the digital game is a lot of boring unless you buy the season pass first thing.

Every time I earn 2000 gold, and then 4000, I add a new character and start over.

It seems the best plan is to redo Brigandoom! over and over until I've acquired all characters that I want to actually play with.

And if Kyra and Merisiel aren't in my preferred group, that's two more characters I have to earn.

Even with the season pass, I assume if you want to change characters at any time, you'll have to start completely over.

I would think that perhaps the issue here is related to the issue causing progress to reset when you view your party/decks between scenarios, since that would seem to be rhe natual time to add/change members.

After you complete a scenario, on the adventure screen there are the two buttons on the bottom right - one that lets you modify decks, the other that lets you look at your characters.  You should be able to drag unlocked characters to your party on this screen.

That being said, I'm not sure how safe it is at the moment with the progress reset issue, (currently looking into it) but you're free to try it out if you're brave. ;)

I would think that perhaps the issue here is related to the issue causing progress to reset when you view your party/decks between scenarios, since that would seem to be rhe natual time to add/change members.

After you complete a scenario, on the adventure screen there are the two buttons on the bottom right - one that lets you modify decks, the other that lets you look at your characters.  You should be able to drag unlocked characters to your party on this screen.

That being said, I'm not sure how safe it is at the moment with the progress reset issue, (currently looking into it) but you're free to try it out if you're brave. ;)

Right!

A new save is a new save and the only thing that shares between saves is content you bought (characters, decks etc), and cards you got from chests.

We also allow you to swap out party members in between scenarios on a single save.